There is no application fee for the Cal Grant A & B Competitive Award Program. Award may be used for undergraduate study at Cal Grant qualifying California post-secondary schools. Applicant must demonstrate academic performance and financial need; applicants must also submit FAFSA to federal processor and Cal Grant GPA Verification Form to California Student Aid Commission.
Application Deadline: March 2nd for students not receiving an Entitlement Award; September 2nd for California Community College students only.
Residency: U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen, Permanent resident and current California resident as well as at time of high school graduation.
- Applicants must have income and assets below established levels.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA for Cal Grant A; minimum 2.0 GPA for Cal Grant B
- Cal Grant A awards intended to help low- and middle-income families pay tuition and fees.
- Cal Grant B awards up to $15,51. Access costs only in first academic year of attendance; tuition/fee plus access costs thereafter.
- Students with no available GPA can submit SAT, ACT or GED scores.