Saint Mary’s University – First-Generation Initiative Scholarship
Our service to first-generation college students exemplifies the mission and vision of Saint John Baptist de La Salle. The First-Generation Initiative provides access to Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota for qualifying students. It is designed to offer academic and personal support to first-generation college students as they transition into higher education. The initiative will also build the support structures necessary throughout the collegiate experience, so that students may reach their full potential and complete their bachelor’s degree.
Amount: Scholarship covers tuition, fees, room and board along with books
Eligibility: All full-time undergraduate freshmen on the Winona Campus
- Minimum high school grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- High financial need as demonstrated by the FAFSA
- Demonstrated leadership potential with involvement in school, church and the community
- Parents must not have a bachelor’s degree
- Preference will be given to graduates of Lasallian, Cristo Rey, San Miguel and Nativity schools
For more information, please visit our website.