The National Black Nurses Association, Inc. offers various scholarships each year ranging from $500 to $2,000.
- Candidate must be currently enrolled in a nursing program (B.S.N., A.D., Diploma or L.P.N. / L.V.N. and in good scholastic standing at the time of application
- Must be a member of NBNA and a member of a local chapter (if one exists in your area)
- Applicant must have at least one full year of school remaining
Applicant must provide:
- Official transcript(s) from an accredited school of nursing
- Two (2) page written essay (visit the NBNA website for details)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (one from applicant's school of nursing and one from the local chapter, or a nurse in the area if a local chapter does not exist); letters of recommendation and essay must be attached to the application
- Additional items to accompany the application in support of the candidates eligibility and desirability may include documented evidence of participation in student nurse activities and involvement in the African American Community, i.e., letters, news clippings, awards, certificates, etc.
Send completed application and all supporting documentations by email to Ms. Gessie Belizaire, MA at email@example.com
Mailing address ONLY for OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT:
NATIONAL BLACK NURSES ASSOCIATION
8630 Fenton Street, Suite 330
Silver Spring, MD 20910