APS Scholarship for Minority Undergraduate Physics Majors
The American Physical Society Scholarship for Minority Undergraduate Students Physics Majors consists of $2,000 per year for new recipients and $3,000 per year for renewal recipients to be used for tuition, room & board and educational materials.
The goal of this minority scholarship is to increase the number of under-represented minorities obtaining degrees in physics. It provides funding and mentoring to minority physics students to enhance their education and help them prepare for success in various careers.
- African American, Hispanic American or Native American students
- High school seniors, college freshmen or sophomores
- U.S. citizens or permanent legal residents
- Physics majors and those planning to major in physics
- $2,000 for new students and $3,000 for renewal students
- A local physics mentor
- An APS physics mentor