HSF/ Western Governors University
The HSF Alumni/Western Governors University Scholarship Program is available to HSF Alumni enrolled in one of the graduate programs at Western Governors University. The Award amount is $1,200 per term, renewable for four semesters. Students may apply for the scholarship after they matriculate into a graduate program.
To apply online, please visit https://apply.hsf.net
For graduate program applications and information please go to http://www.wgu.edu
A student must be accepted and enrolled in a graduate program prior to applying for a scholarship.
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must:
• Be of Hispanic Heritage: persons descended from Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban, Dominican, Central American (excluding Belize), South American (excluding Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana), or other Spanish cultures.
• Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States with a valid Social Security Number at the time of application. All legal permanent residents must submit a copy of their valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551.
• Be Hispanic Scholarship Fund alumni – an alumnus is a student who has previously received HSF funding.
• Be enrolled in a Master’s degree program at WGU.
• Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
• Must apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov
To apply online, please visit: https://apply.hsf.net