Indiana Minority Teacher/Special Education Services Scholarship
The Minority Teacher Scholarship was created by the 1988 Indiana General Assembly to address the critical shortage of Black and Hispanic teachers in Indiana. In 1990 the Indiana General Assembly amended the Minority program to include the field of Special Education, and in 1991 the fields of Occupational and Physical Therapy were added.
To be eligible you must be:
1. A minority student (defined as Black or Hispanic) seeking a teaching certification; or
A student seeking a Special Education teaching certification; or
A student seeking an Occupational or Physical Therapy certification.
2. An Indiana resident and an US Citizen.
3. Admitted to an eligible institution as a full time student or already attending as a full time student.
4. Pursuing or intend to pursue a course of study that would enable the student upon graduation to teach in an accredited elementary or secondary school in Indiana.
5. Complete and file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
6. Not be in default on a State or Federally-funded Student loan.
7. Meet all minimum criteria established by the Commission.
For complete program details, please visit http://www.in.gov/ssaci/2342.htm