The Dallas Foundation manages a number of scholarships for students with diverse interests. The Chesapeake Energy Scholarship was established at The Dallas Foundation by Chesapeake Energy Corporation. The goal of the Fund is to make a college degree or vocational certification possible for minority and socially disadvantaged youth.
- Be a graduating senior at one of the following DISD high schools: W.H. Adamson High School, Emmet J Conrad, Justin F. Kimball high School, A. Maceo Smith New Tech High School, North Dallas High School, L. G. Pinkston High School, Skyline High School, H. Grady Spruce High School, Sunset High School, W.W. Samuell High School
- Have participated in the Education is Freedom program
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Have taken either the ACT or SAT
- Have applied and plan to attend an accredited college, university, or vocational school
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal resident
- Be female or a member of a minority group as defined by the DFW Airport M/WBE Program. (The term minority generally includes the following groups: American Indians, Aleuts, Asian-Pacific Americans, Black Americans, Eskimos, Hispanic Americans, Native Hawaiians, and Subcontinent Asian Americans)
The scholarship will be reviewed annually and may be renewed for up to four years.
For more information or to apply, please visit the scholarship provider's website.