United Methodist Scholarship Program
The United Methodist Scholarship Program is a church-wide educational service providing scholarships to help supplement the financial needs of today’s students. Funding for these scholarships is provided through Special Sundays Offerings, wills, annuities and other designated gifts. Students need to complete only one application each year. Applications are reviewed by members of the General Board of Higher Education and Ministry (GBHEM) and other affiliated representatives.
The following are standard criteria for EVERY program offered through GBHEM:
- Applicants must be an ACTIVE, full member of The United Methodist Church for at least ONE year. Membership is determined by the date the applicant was confirmed and took membership vows with a United Methodist church. (Members of other Methodist denominations are not eligible.)
- Applicants must be pursuing a degree program at ANY accredited institution.
- High school students may apply IF they will be college students in the fall term.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants are required to be full-time students according to their school’s standards for the program for which they are enrolled.