Clarinda's Glenn Miller Birthplace Society is offering scholarships of $3,000, $2,000 & $1,000 to instrumentalists. The vocal scholarships will also be $3,000, $2,000 & $1,000. These scholarships, which are awarded without regard to any other award, may be used for any education-related expense. It is not the purpose of this competition to select Glenn Miller look-alikes or sound-alikes, nor is it limited to pop music performance. Rather, in honoring Glenn, we wish to seek out and assist promising young talents in any field of applied music who may be musical leaders of tomorrow.
Scholarships will be awarded to graduating high seniors and first-year college students who intend to make music a central part of their future. Those who have entered as high school seniors are eligible to compete again as college freshmen, unless they have been previous first place winners. This is a 3-phase competition.
Phase one material requirements:
- Application form
- Enter only one category (instrumental or vocal)
- Provide an audition CD
- Include two (2) tracks of contest level material in contrasting styles
- Any accompaniment must be limited to piano only
- Do not identify yourself or school directly on the CD, your name should only be placed on the CD case
- DVDs, MP3s, etc., will not be accepted
- Statement of Musical Intentions (usually 3-4 paragraphs) about how music will be a central part of your future
For Phases 2 and 3 details, requirements and to apply, please visit the scholarship provider's website.