Southern Automotive Womens Forum Scholarship
The SAWF Scholarship Program provides financial assistance to women admitted to an accredited two-year technical/career program, four-year undergraduate program, or graduate program in preparation for or in furtherance of a career in the automotive industry. The amount of each scholarship is dependent upon the number of applicants and generally ranges from $500 to $2,500 each.
Scholarships are announced between late summer and early fall for use during the upcoming academic year. Scholarship payments are made in two increments, one in the fall and one in the winter (or such other applicable academic term), each after submission of the required documentation showing satisfaction up to the date of payment of the eligibility requirements set forth below.
Applications are not accepted on-line. To be considered for an SAWF scholarship, you must submit your application and all attachments by U.S. Mail or overnight delivery to the address provided on the application by the required deadline. The following general guidelines are currently utilized by SAWF to select scholarship recipients:
- Upcoming or prior female graduate from a high school in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
- Interested in or currently pursuing a career in the automotive industry.
- Enrolling in or enrolled in a full time or part time (at least 6 hours per semester) associate, technical, undergraduate or graduate accredited program, with a preference towards ABET-accredited programs in automotive manufacturing, industrial maintenance, machine tooling, engineering (EAC), computing (CAC), and technology (TAC) located in the South.
The following eligibility requirements are currently utilized for all SAWF scholarships:
- Scholarships available only for use in pursuit of a two-year certificate/degree, four-year undergraduate degree, or graduate degree from a college or university accredited by ABET, Inc., the American Bar Association, the Accrediting Commission for Business Schools, or the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- Full time or part time (at least 6 hours per semester) enrollment required.
- Required minimum grade point averages are an overall grade point average of 2.5 and a grade point average of 3.0 in his/her major.
Individuals may submit applications before graduating from high school or receiving a GED.
Scholarships are awarded prior to the beginning of each fall term. Scholarships are for one academic year and are not automatically renewed. Recipients must maintain enrollment as full time or part time (at least 6 hours per semester) students in at least two academic terms (e.g., fall and spring, spring and summer, fall and summer) during the upcoming academic year to receive the full award amount.
For more information, please visit our website.