Questions for Your Financial Aid Administrator
Your financial aid administrator is an important resource while you’re applying for financial aid at your intended college, and when it is time to reapply for financial aid throughout college. Get to know the people in the financial aid office because they are responsible for determining your Expected Family Contribution (EFC), Cost of Attendance, and in special cases, your dependency status.
If your financial aid status changes during the course of the year, or after you’ve already submitted your FAFSA, contact your financial aid administrator. Changes affect your eligibility for financial aid. If those changes make you ineligible, you can be asked to return the money you received during that time. See our list of top questions to ask your financial aid administrator, and remember to contact your financial aid office with specific questions related to your financial aid package. Also browse through our site for tips on getting scholarships and grants, and completing financial aid applications.
- Will my request for financial aid impact my chances of being admitted to this college?
- Will the college meet my full financial need?
- Will the college continue to meet my full financial aid need for all four years?
- Describe your financial aid program, including requirements for need-based aid, merit-based aid and scholarships.
- What application materials are needed to apply for financial aid, and does the college have its own form in addition to the FAFSA?
- Where can I find additional sources of financial aid?
- What are the deadlines for submitting financial aid forms? Are there state financial aid programs that I should know about?
- When will I be notified of my financial eligibility?
- Once my financial aid package is awarded, will additional scholarships affect the amount of financial aid I can receive?
- Does this college participate in a tuition payment plan that allows installment payments for each semester's bill?
Last Reviewed: March 2017
- 10 Reasons an Application Will Not Win a Scholarship
- 10 Tips For a Winning Application
- Comparing Financial Aid Offers
- Helpful Tips on Maximizing Merit Aid
- Maximizing Your Financial Aid Package
- Mistakes When Completing the FAFSA
- Protecting Yourself Against Scholarship Scams
- Questions for Your Financial Aid Administrator
- Tips For Completing the FAFSA
- Top 10 Financial Aid Tips
Latest College & Financial Aid News
March 21, 2017
by Susan Dutca
Finding a way to pay for college is a whole mess in itself. Add to that the stress of filling out a FAFSA and now, the removal of a key I.R.S. tool that made the process somewhat less difficult, and you have millions of students in limbo, panicking about how they will pay for college. [...]
March 14, 2017
by Susan Dutca
Although many students admit they're embarrassed to ask for money, crowdfunding has proven to be successful for students with the help of friends, families, colleagues and even strangers. [...]
March 9, 2017
by Susan Dutca
March is National Women's History Month, and while we observe and celebrate the many females that brought forth change and exemplary contributions to our society, we want to give you some opportunities to pursue your dreams - without the financial burden. Ladies, check out these scholarship opportunities reserved for women only: [...]