Questions for Your Financial Aid Administrator
Your financial aid administrator will become an important resource for you both while you’re applying for financial aid at your intended college, and when you’re going to be reapplying for financial aid throughout your time on that campus. Get to know your financial aid office, as they’re going to be responsible for determining things like your Expected Family Contribution (EFC), Cost of Attendance, and in special cases, your dependency status.
If anything changes related to your financial aid status during the course of the year or after you’ve already submitted your FAFSA, make sure to contact your financial aid administrator. Changes could mean that you’re eligible for more or less aid, or you may even be asked to return any aid that you received during a period of ineligibility. See our list of top questions below that you should be asking your financial aid administrator, but remember to contact your financial aid office with any questions you may have related to your financial aid package. Browse through our site, too, to see more tips on landing college scholarships and grants, and coming up with a complete financial aid application.
- Will my request for financial aid have any impact on my ability to be admitted to this college?
- Will the college meet my full financial?
- Will the college continue to meet my full financial aid need for all four years of my enrollment?
- Describe your financial aid program, including requirements for need-based aid, merit-based aid and scholarships.
- What application materials are needed to apply for financial aid, and does the college require its own form in addition to the FAFSA?
- Where can I find additional sources of financial aid?
- What are the deadlines for submitting financial aid forms? Are there state financial aid programs that I should know about?
- When will I be notified of my financial eligibility?
- Once my financial aid package is awarded, will additional scholarships reduce the amount of financial aid I can receive?
- Does this college participate in a tuition payment plan that allows installment payments for each semester's bill?
- 10 Reasons an Application Will Not Win a Scholarship
- 10 Tips For a Winning Scholarship Application
- Comparing Financial Aid Offers
- Helpful Tips on Maximizing Merit Aid
- Maximizing Your Financial Aid Package
- Mistakes When Completing the FAFSA
- Protecting Yourself Against Scholarship Scams
- Questions for Your Financial Aid Administrator
- Tips For Completing the FAFSA
- Top 10 Financial Aid Tips
Latest College & Financial Aid News
July 7, 2015
Whether it’s Bruce Jenner’s interview with Diane Sawyer outlining his journey from the world’s greatest athlete, to a surgery which induced womanhood, or actress Laverne Cox breaking the trans glass ceiling in the Netflix’s hit series, Orange Is the New black, where a trans woman is actually played by a transwomen, the transgender community continues to break the [...]
July 6, 2015
Summer is in full swing and for most high school students, that means it's time for college tours! Throughout my four years of high school, I visited and toured nearly 20 different universities to find what worked for me. In an effort to ease your college touring adventures, here's what helped me: Plan ahead. During the summer and school breaks, college tours fill up quickly. Remember to [...]
July 2, 2015
Are you one of the billion users who enjoys posting or viewing status updates, pictures or articles on Facebook? While Facebook and other social media sites have often been viewed as a distraction in the workplace and classroom, a first-of-its-kind study shows the educational value of these forums that can help students learn scientific literacy and other complex [...]