How much you end up spending on room and board will vary greatly depending on the school you attend and how flexible you are in terms of your choice of housing. And with the average cost for room and board for the 2014-2015 school year hovering around $10,000, considering schools with more affordable options may be essential to managing your college budget. Check out the list below from U.S. News and World Report for the top 10 schools with the least expensive room and board below:
- Rust College - $4,000
- Oklahoma Panhandle State University - $4,200
- Cameron University - $4,664
- Blue Mountain College - $4,800
- Thomas University - $5,050
- Auburn University at Montgomery - $5,390
- Alabama State University - $5,422
- Mayville State University - $5,430
- Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical University - $5,440
- University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma - $5,470
Did your prospective college make the list? Would you consider a school based on room and board affordability? Share your thoughts in the comments sections. And don’t forget to try and fund your education with as much free money as possible – a great place to start is by creating a free profile on Scholarships.com, where you’ll get matched with financial aid that is unique to you!
Get instantly matched to scholarships that meet your skillset, strengths and unique talents. Our search algorithms match you to scholarships that fit your profile. Access a complete list of college scholarships now by conducting a free college scholarship search at Scholarships.com.