Free College Tuition for Student Employees via Employers

August 11, 2015
 It may be finally time to let someone else write the tuition check for you. With tuition costs increasing annually, what better time to apply for and attend college than now? Some top tier companies such as Starbucks, Bank of America, Google, Nike, and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles have begun to offer programs that cover four-year tuition costs in higher education. Why are companies being so generous? Take it as a thank you from your employer to you for your hard work, intelligence, pursuit of higher education.

It may be finally time to let someone else write the tuition check for you. With tuition costs increasing annually, what better time to apply for and attend college than now? Some top tier companies such as Starbucks, Bank of America, Google, Nike, and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles have begun to offer programs that cover four-year tuition costs in higher education. Why are companies being so generous? Take it as a "thank you" from your employer to you for your hard work, intelligence, pursuit of higher education.

You may be wondering: "What is the catch?" Depending on the employer, students may be expected to repay the money if they terminate work contract with their employer provider. Furthermore, you may be expected to complete your degree within a certain time period, through online learning, or at particular institution. Whether you are at the undergraduate or graduate level, SHRM estimates over 50 percent of employers cover tuition costs at both education levels.

Make sure to read all the guidelines and restrictions when determining your eligibility, as certain companies may expect a minimum GPA. On a positive note, not all companies are particular about students’ major, and are open to a wide field of studies. According to the Chicago Tribune, some annual caps could be $5,250 per student – this is still sufficient to cover a healthy portion of tuition.

To see if you qualify, conduct thorough research on the eligibility criteria and read the fine print offered by your employer. Take this opportunity to finance your college dreams, especially if you may not have to pay a penny. In addition, look at other ways you can earn free money for college by exploring some of our scholarships and conduct a free scholarship search today. With so many chances at earning free college money, how can you pass up the opportunity?

College is expensive. Scholarships.com has done the work for you. Pay for your college education with free college scholarship money. Get matched to college scholarships instantly and start applying today by conducting a free college scholarship search at Scholarships.com.

Nhandij  on  8/25/2015 6:05:28 PM commented:

I think Health insurance in college should be based on your income and those who show financial need should get Medicaid on the spot

badr  on  8/19/2015 7:13:19 PM commented:

Iam searching for scholar ship for master

Audrianna W  on  8/18/2015 9:26:08 PM commented:

Right now, I'm a senior in high school and I'm talking a EKG & CNA class to get certified in both. I'm looking into nursing colleges such as Spencerian and Galen. My future goal is to become a Nurse Practitioner. Im looking for scholarships to help pay for college, and in the long run, help me better myself and my future. Thank you!

Enrique H  on  8/15/2015 12:38:38 PM commented:

I've dream to become a RN nurse. I'm a senior in Highschool. I take Hosa and that helps me with Health Related. I went to a hospital just to look around. I looked to my right and saw a RN nurse. The way how they were working, that was the brightest thing I saw in that room. At that moment I knew I want to be a RN nurse.

Nia H  on  8/14/2015 1:47:13 PM commented:

I've always has dreams of becoming a nurse , unfortunately something's got in the way of that. Now I have a newborn son I would like to pursue my dreams of being a nurse again to give my son a good life and also to show him how important education is .

Christine R  on  8/14/2015 1:24:43 AM commented:

This coming Fall I will be a junior in college and I am experiencing some financial problems. This money will help me out a great deal to continue my education without worrying for I can afford it. So please help me out.

Tedagne on 8/14/2015  on  8/13/2015 11:43:42 PM commented:

I need scholarship opportunity for to continue my education career in Ms..pleas

Amy B  on  8/13/2015 8:11:09 PM commented:

Looking for help with tuition to better myself, and my family. Ive finished my Associates but ran out of money to get my Bachelors. Please help me, i have what it takes to be a success!

Ava C  on  8/13/2015 6:55:39 PM commented:

I would like to have the extra tuition money so I can attend a Christian college that I have been longing to go to.

Daniela Burl  on  8/13/2015 10:29:33 AM commented:

I need money for school or I won't be able to start school next semester

Tray W  on  8/13/2015 6:55:58 AM commented:

I need more money for school

Donald B  on  8/12/2015 8:53:27 PM commented:

This would really help me to get in school

Tomeka Garner  on  8/12/2015 7:17:45 PM commented:

I need money for school

Anne d  on  8/12/2015 5:24:07 PM commented:

I have no money for school folks. Please help me out.

Trysha Casanova t.c  on  8/12/2015 1:05:08 PM commented:

I need money for school

When asked the question, “Who was your favorite teacher or coach growing up?” For most anyone, an image of that educator’s face immediately pops up in their mind. What was it about that person that made them stand out? Maybe it was the way they encouraged or inspired you as no others had previously done. Perhaps they saw something in you that helped you to gain the confidence to achieve a goal that had once seemed unattainable. The truth is, there are as many answers to this question as there are people in this world. One common denominator unites them: it all started with the foundation of mutual respect and trust this individual established with you.

This Week is American Education Week 2021

November 18, 2021 1:54 PM
by Liz Montenegro
Since the beginning of our nation, Native Americans and Indigenous communities have been a powerful influence on modern U.S. society. Although art, beadwork, music and dancing may first come to mind when you think of Native American contributions to today’s culture, did you know that many of the foods we consider to be staples, such as potatoes, wild rice, beans, corn, and peanuts were first grown and harvested by Native Americans? Not only that, but Native American groups also taught European settlers some of their farming techniques to help them survive and live off of the land, many of those practices are still used today. American Indians were also the inventors of goods we rely on every day, like topical pain relievers, baby bottles, and even rubber products.

In November, We Celebrate Native American Heritage Month

November 12, 2021 4:07 PM
by Liz Montenegro
Are you a high school student looking for opportunities to help others around you and set yourself apart on college applications? With the holiday season in full swing, this is the perfect time to start your search for volunteering opportunities in your area. Along with strengthening ties to your community, serving as a volunteer demonstrates to colleges that you have given your time and energy to help those in need, and that you have applied the knowledge you’ve gained in your studies to real-world settings. Many college applications and scholarships have a minimum number of community service hours that their applicants must complete in order to be eligible. But just because it is a requirement, doesn’t mean it cannot also be a meaningful experience.

Community Service Benefits Everyone

November 8, 2021 3:12 PM
by Liz Montenegro
 With Veteran’s Day quickly approaching, what better way to honor our U.S. military members and their families than to shine a spotlight on the scholarships and grants available to them? Military life often presents unique challenges that can be overwhelming for the entire family. Lengthy deployments and frequent changes of station are just a few obstacles military families face, but their strength and perseverance through these hardships is truly remarkable. As a way to honor their sacrifices, Scholarships.com offers a wide variety of grants and scholarships to help offset the cost of college as they pursue their educational goals.

Scholarships for Military Members and Dependents

October 29, 2021 3:24 PM
by Liz Montenegro
FAFSA is an acronym. It stands for Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Please take note that the first word in the acronym is Free. You do not need to pay to fill out the FAFSA but there are certainly websites out there that will charge you for their assistance. If you are asked for a credit card at any point in the process, you are at one of these sites. If you do not want to pay to complete the FAFSA, be sure to apply at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa. The FAFSA must be completed by you and your family each year if you wish to be considered for need-based grants from the college or university you are or will be attending as well as subsidized student loans.

What is the FAFSA?

October 8, 2021 2:52 PM
by Scholarships.com Staff
FAFSA is an acronym. It stands for "Free Application for Federal Student Aid". Please take note that the first word in the acronym is "Free". You do not need to pay to fill out the FAFSA but there
A study abroad program can be the beginning of the most exciting chapter of your college experience. Often, the travel, housing, credits and even food are included in the price of the program you choose. However, this is no reason not to look for more financial opportunities!

Want to Study Abroad? Find Scholarships

August 31, 2021 12:30 PM
by Scholarships.com Staff
As you get ready for this next big step in your life, this last year at home can feel like the longest and the shortest you ever had! While you prepare to select a college and research scholarships and financial aid, don’t forget to spend some quality time with your friends and family. While movies, even when based on a true story, are always a little bit fantastic, they are also works of art that share experiences among their viewers.

Movie Night! College Classics

August 19, 2021 12:22 PM
by Scholarships.com Staff
While the notion of men and women having naturally different aptitudes and interests is slowly becoming a thing of the past, there remain differences in professional compensation between the sexes. Recent studies are still exploring the way women with the same education and occupation as their male counterparts earn less money. There also remains a tendency for jobs dominated by female workers to pay much lower, in general, than those with a larger male employee base.

Fighting the Wage Gap

August 11, 2021 12:21 PM
by Scholarships.com Staff
While you work hard to ensure your future at the college of your dreams, it may seem like academic programs and credits are the only things going on there. Once you enter your college or university, you will find that it is one big community made up of many smaller ones. Part of your journey will be to find your specific home there. This may entail finding a teacher you love working with, a project with peers that fuels your creativity or your entrance into an entire academic department.

Netflix's New Fictional Show About Higher Ed

August 5, 2021 10:20 AM
by Scholarships.com Staff
A high school senior from Lithia, Florida has just been awarded the $1,000 grand prize in a scholarship competition. The 16-year-old, Laura Gonzalez, is on track to attend college next fall. She hails from Lithia, a suburb of Tampa in central-east Florida and is completing her last year at Newsome Highschool, with a total population of about 3,000 students. Her small school and community are thrilled for her and are all wishing her the best on her upcoming new chapter in life.

Florida Teen Wins Scholarship!

July 29, 2021 12:44 PM