Free College Tuition for Student Employees via Employers

August 11, 2015
 It may be finally time to let someone else write the tuition check for you. With tuition costs increasing annually, what better time to apply for and attend college than now? Some top tier companies such as Starbucks, Bank of America, Google, Nike, and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles have begun to offer programs that cover four-year tuition costs in higher education. Why are companies being so generous? Take it as a thank you from your employer to you for your hard work, intelligence, pursuit of higher education.

It may be finally time to let someone else write the tuition check for you. With tuition costs increasing annually, what better time to apply for and attend college than now? Some top tier companies such as Starbucks, Bank of America, Google, Nike, and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles have begun to offer programs that cover four-year tuition costs in higher education. Why are companies being so generous? Take it as a "thank you" from your employer to you for your hard work, intelligence, pursuit of higher education.

You may be wondering: "What is the catch?" Depending on the employer, students may be expected to repay the money if they terminate work contract with their employer provider. Furthermore, you may be expected to complete your degree within a certain time period, through online learning, or at particular institution. Whether you are at the undergraduate or graduate level, SHRM estimates over 50 percent of employers cover tuition costs at both education levels.

Make sure to read all the guidelines and restrictions when determining your eligibility, as certain companies may expect a minimum GPA. On a positive note, not all companies are particular about students’ major, and are open to a wide field of studies. According to the Chicago Tribune, some annual caps could be $5,250 per student – this is still sufficient to cover a healthy portion of tuition.

To see if you qualify, conduct thorough research on the eligibility criteria and read the fine print offered by your employer. Take this opportunity to finance your college dreams, especially if you may not have to pay a penny. In addition, look at other ways you can earn free money for college by exploring some of our scholarships and conduct a free scholarship search today. With so many chances at earning free college money, how can you pass up the opportunity?

College is expensive. Scholarships.com has done the work for you. Pay for your college education with free college scholarship money. Get matched to college scholarships instantly and start applying today by conducting a free college scholarship search at Scholarships.com.

Nhandij  on  8/25/2015 6:05:28 PM commented:

I think Health insurance in college should be based on your income and those who show financial need should get Medicaid on the spot

badr  on  8/19/2015 7:13:19 PM commented:

Iam searching for scholar ship for master

Audrianna W  on  8/18/2015 9:26:08 PM commented:

Right now, I'm a senior in high school and I'm talking a EKG & CNA class to get certified in both. I'm looking into nursing colleges such as Spencerian and Galen. My future goal is to become a Nurse Practitioner. Im looking for scholarships to help pay for college, and in the long run, help me better myself and my future. Thank you!

Enrique H  on  8/15/2015 12:38:38 PM commented:

I've dream to become a RN nurse. I'm a senior in Highschool. I take Hosa and that helps me with Health Related. I went to a hospital just to look around. I looked to my right and saw a RN nurse. The way how they were working, that was the brightest thing I saw in that room. At that moment I knew I want to be a RN nurse.

Nia H  on  8/14/2015 1:47:13 PM commented:

I've always has dreams of becoming a nurse , unfortunately something's got in the way of that. Now I have a newborn son I would like to pursue my dreams of being a nurse again to give my son a good life and also to show him how important education is .

Christine R  on  8/14/2015 1:24:43 AM commented:

This coming Fall I will be a junior in college and I am experiencing some financial problems. This money will help me out a great deal to continue my education without worrying for I can afford it. So please help me out.

Tedagne on 8/14/2015  on  8/13/2015 11:43:42 PM commented:

I need scholarship opportunity for to continue my education career in Ms..pleas

Amy B  on  8/13/2015 8:11:09 PM commented:

Looking for help with tuition to better myself, and my family. Ive finished my Associates but ran out of money to get my Bachelors. Please help me, i have what it takes to be a success!

Ava C  on  8/13/2015 6:55:39 PM commented:

I would like to have the extra tuition money so I can attend a Christian college that I have been longing to go to.

Daniela Burl  on  8/13/2015 10:29:33 AM commented:

I need money for school or I won't be able to start school next semester

Tray W  on  8/13/2015 6:55:58 AM commented:

I need more money for school

Donald B  on  8/12/2015 8:53:27 PM commented:

This would really help me to get in school

Tomeka Garner  on  8/12/2015 7:17:45 PM commented:

I need money for school

Anne d  on  8/12/2015 5:24:07 PM commented:

I have no money for school folks. Please help me out.

Trysha Casanova t.c  on  8/12/2015 1:05:08 PM commented:

I need money for school

College is just around the corner, but you still have plenty of time to win scholarships for high school seniors. Now is the best time to start applying because it is your last chance to qualify for awards available only to high school students. Scholarships are one of the best ways to pay for college because you don’t have to pay them back.

Top Scholarships for High School Seniors Graduating 2023

August 17, 2022
by Ashley Eneriz
College is a big commitment and burnout is easy if you don’t pace yourself. That said, taking a semester off is a normal thing to do while pursuing your degree. Whether you need a quick break for personal reasons or exciting opportunities, like a once-in-a-lifetime trip or work experience, here’s what you need to know about your scholarship money before taking time off.

Will Taking a Semester Off Hurt My Scholarship Money?

August 5, 2022
by Ashley Eneriz
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid — more commonly known as FAFSA is the key to funding your college education. Not only can the FAFSA connect you to grants, scholarships, and work-study opportunities, but filling out the form is
also the first step to applying for federal student loans. Even though filling out the FAFSA is simple and straightforward, several misconceptions still fly around it. Here are the top FAFSA myths you need to stop believing.

FAFSA Myths You Need to Stop Falling For

July 26, 2022
by Ashley Eneriz
The new semester is just around the corner, which means it is time to start thinking about how you are going to afford the new school session. Student loans can be taken out any time of the year and are useful for paying for textbooks, special classes or summer terms and additional living expenses. Choosing the right student loan can help you reach your education and career goals while still keeping your finances balanced. Here’s what to look for before you take out a student loan this summer.

Which Student Loan Is Best for Me?

June 13, 2022
by Ashley Eneriz
As we celebrate Asian Pacific American Heritage Month, we reflect on the enormous contributions of Asian Americans and share their culturally rich history. Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders make up the fastest-growing racial group in the United States, with more than 23 million it total. However, API individuals, communities, and businesses have been disproportionately impacted by discrimination and criminal acts that have only been exacerbated by the pandemic in recent years. Now more than ever, we need to stand united as Americans against anti-Asian racism.

Asian Pacific American Heritage Month 2022 Scholarships

May 25, 2022
by Liz Montenegro
The   Voyager Scholarship was implemented by the Obamas in partnership with Brian Chesky, Co-founder and CEO of Airbnb, who donated $100 million to this program. The mission of this scholarship is to help students pursue careers in public service and solve some of our world’s greatest challenges. The Voyager Scholarship provides students access to education and travel opportunities to help expand their horizons and bring about significant change. During this scholarship’s first year, and it is estimated that 100 college juniors will receive up to $50,000 to cover tution and educational expenses, plus up to $30,000 in international travel stipends and credits. Recipients have the option to renew as seniors.

The Obama-Chesky Voyager Scholarship for Public Service

May 18, 2022
by Liz Montenegro
The Voyager Scholarship was implemented by the Obamas in partnership with Brian Chesky, Co-founder and CEO of Airbnb, who donated $100 million to this program. The mission of this scholarship is to
Summer is a great time to experience new things outside of the hectic school year routine. For students who want to beef up their resume, make some money, and have a little fun along the way, working a summer job is a great option! A part-time job gives you the unique opportunity to gain real-world experience and begin forging your own career path. You’ll also get the chance to become a better communicator by working with a wide range of customers and co-workers from all walks of life. Explore which types of work environments you might enjoy with these top 4 summer jobs (and related scholarships)!

Top 4 Summer Jobs For High School Students

May 13, 2022
by Liz Montenegro
Applications are currently open for the Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) Corporation Foundation’s  Better Together STEM Scholarship! Ranging from $2,500 to $10,000, the program is available to students who are pursuing STEM-related careers at universities in California and Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) in the U.S. Eligible applicants include graduating high school seniors, college students, veterans, nontraditional students, and adults returning to school and plan to enroll in a full-time undergraduate program at an accredited four-year college or university. Don’t delay, applications close on June 3, 2022 at 3:00 PM CT.

PG&E Better Together STEM Scholarship

May 11, 2022
by Liz Montenegro
Applications are currently open for the Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) Corporation Foundation’s Better Together STEM Scholarship! Ranging from $2,500 to $10,000, the program is available to students