The Horatio Alger Association seeks to assist students who have demonstrated integrity, perseverance in overcoming adversity, strength of character, financial need, a good academic record, commitment to pursue a college education, and a desire to contribute to society.
The eligibility criteria to be considered for all Horatio Alger National and State Scholarship Programs are as follows:
- Enrolled full time as a high school senior, progressing normally toward graduation in spring/summer, with plans to enter a college in the United States no later than the fall following graduation
- Intend to pursue a bachelor’s degree at an accredited institution (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution)
- Critical financial need, preferably $50,000 or lower adjusted gross income per family
- Involvement in co-curricular and community service activities
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0
- U.S. citizenship
For more information on this scholarship and other scholarship opportunities, conduct a free scholarship search today!
Getting more college financial aid doesn’t have to be a relentless search. Scholarships.com is totally free. Connect with our massive database of millions of college scholarships at any time by searching for awards in a variety of ways. Scholarships.com offers the quickest and easiest way to search for, apply to, and win college scholarships. Start making your college education affordable or perhaps even free, by conducting a free college scholarship search at Scholarships.com.