Finding a Dormitory Roommate
If you are attending the same school as many of your high school classmates, you
may want to consider rooming with someone you're familiar with. Choosing among people
you know can be a way to find roommates with whom you can live more agreeably. If
you are going to school far away, or you just want the experience of living with
someone you know, you are going to need to spend some time looking for a roommate.
There are a number of roommate search tools that can help you find a roommate. Some
of the most commonly utilized roommate search options include:
- The student housing office at your college
- Your school’s student newspaper
- Bulletin boards at your school
- Referrals from friends or relatives who live in the area
- The local newspaper or online classified advertising listings in your area
- Craigslist roommates wanted listings
Check out what one of our Virtual Interns, Anna, has to say on the topic.