How to Compare Distance Learning Colleges - Finding the Best Online Degree Program
There are many distance learning colleges, and choosing the one that is right for you can seem like an overwhelming decision. It is a good idea to compare several different schools before you make a final decision about the best online degree program for you.
Some questions you should ask to get the online degree information needed to make an informed decision include
- Is the school accredited? If so, is the accreditation regional or national?
- Will the program qualify you to sit for any necessary state licensing exams?
- Are there any set times for online class meetings or instructor conferences?
- What is the average program completion time?
- If you are training for a new career, inquire about the availability of job placement assistance and graduate placement rates.
- Ask if your prior college transcripts can be evaluated for credits that can be transferred into your online degree program.
- Ask if non-traditional students are eligible to apply for life experience credit.
- To what extent will you have access to the instructor? (For example: What hours? Via email? Via telephone?)
- Is tutoring available? If so, when and what are the fees?
- What is the class format (live chat, email, video, forum postings, webinar, etc.)
- How much is the tuition on a per credit hour and/or program basis?
- What types of financial aid are available for students?
- Are there any institutional scholarship programs for which you can apply?
Taking the time to ask these questions when you are comparing online degree programs can be very useful to you are you narrow down your choices to ultimately select the training option that best meets your needs.
- Benefits of Online Degree Universities
- Don't Be Fooled By Cheap Imitations - Exploring Degree Mills
- Education Solutions for Non-Traditional Students
- Finding an Accredited Distance Learning Program
- How to Compare Distance Learning Colleges - Finding the Best Online Degree Program
- Make The Right College Choice For The Right Reasons
- Quality Control & College Accreditation
- Questions To Ask Yourself When Choosing A College
- The Pros & Cons of Community Colleges
- The Pros & Cons Of Private Colleges
- The Pros & Cons Of State Universities
Latest College & Financial Aid News
June 23, 2016
by Susan DutcaFollowing the Cleveland Cavaliers'recent win, LeBron's 11-year-old-son received standing scholarship offers from Duke and Kentucky University. It's never too late to start early, so check out some of these sports scholarships if you have a love for sports and wish to get paid to play: Jay Cutler Athletic Scholarship Deadline: April 15 [...]
June 21, 2016
by Susan DutcaCalifornia's Antelope Valley School District banned atheist scholarships from being listed on student publications and must now pay $10,000 in legal fees. They claimed it would upset parents, "promote anti-religious expression," and have "argumentative" and "aggressive undertones." Freethinkers instead saw it as anti-atheist prejudice. The district was sued by FFRF for refusing to allow [...]
June 16, 2016
by Susan DutcaJune is LGBT Pride Month, and though we are already more than halfway through, there is still enough time to apply for scholarships! Check out these scholarships exclusive to LGBT youth, supporters and students pursuing higher education: Levin-Goffe Scholarship Fund Deadline: June 22 Maximum Award: $25,000 [...]