How to Compare Distance Learning Colleges - Finding the Best Online Degree Program
There are many distance learning colleges, and choosing the one that is right for you can seem like an overwhelming decision. It is a good idea to compare several different schools before you make a final decision about the best online degree program for you.
Some questions you should ask to get the online degree information needed to make an informed decision include
- Is the school accredited? If so, is the accreditation regional or national?
- Will the program qualify you to sit for any necessary state licensing exams?
- Are there any set times for online class meetings or instructor conferences?
- What is the average program completion time?
- If you are training for a new career, inquire about the availability of job placement assistance and graduate placement rates.
- Ask if your prior college transcripts can be evaluated for credits that can be transferred into your online degree program.
- Ask if non-traditional students are eligible to apply for life experience credit.
- To what extent will you have access to the instructor? (For example: What hours? Via email? Via telephone?)
- Is tutoring available? If so, when and what are the fees?
- What is the class format (live chat, email, video, forum postings, webinar, etc.)
- How much is the tuition on a per credit hour and/or program basis?
- What types of financial aid are available for students?
- Are there any institutional scholarship programs for which you can apply?
Taking the time to ask these questions when you are comparing online degree programs can be very useful to you are you narrow down your choices to ultimately select the training option that best meets your needs.
- Benefits of Online Degree Universities
- Don't Be Fooled By Cheap Imitations - Exploring Degree Mills
- Education Solutions for Non-Traditional Students
- Finding an Accredited Distance Learning Program
- How to Compare Distance Learning Colleges - Finding the Best Online Degree Program
- Make The Right College Choice For The Right Reasons
- Quality Control & College Accreditation
- Questions To Ask Yourself When Choosing A College
- The Pros & Cons of Community Colleges
- The Pros & Cons Of Private Colleges
- The Pros & Cons Of State Universities
Latest College & Financial Aid News
May 3, 2016
by Susan DutcaMalia Obama won't be the first child of a president to be accepted into Harvard University, but her decision to take a gap year sets her apart from the traditional college-bound student. As the gap year trend gains popularity in the US, there is still some reluctance in putting pause on a college education. Could it pose some trouble for those who aren’t socialites? Despite [...]
April 29, 2016
by Susan Dutca117 underclassmen recently took advantage of the new NCAA rule which allows them to test the NBA waters without losing NCAA eligibility as long as they don't hire an agent. However, talented athletes are stuck between choosing to play on scholarships or play professionally. Division I schools are balling on a tight budget, with only 13 scholarships available per team. With the constant [...]
April 26, 2016
by Susan DutcaThe class of 2015 had the largest student loan debt in history and while some students may side hustle to cover their tuition bill, one student has opted to skip the grind and instead, hustle the streets to help pay for her college education. Star student Emily Stutz wasn't offered the necessary financial aid to attend college, even after she appealed to all of the eight [...]