How to Compare Distance Learning Colleges - Finding the Best Online Degree Program
There are many distance learning colleges, and choosing the one that is right for you can seem like an overwhelming decision. It is a good idea to compare several different schools before you make a final decision about the best online degree program for you.
Some questions you should ask to get the online degree information needed to make an informed decision include
- Is the school accredited? If so, is the accreditation regional or national?
- Will the program qualify you to sit for any necessary state licensing exams?
- Are there any set times for online class meetings or instructor conferences?
- What is the average program completion time?
- If you are training for a new career, inquire about the availability of job placement assistance and graduate placement rates.
- Ask if your prior college transcripts can be evaluated for credits that can be transferred into your online degree program.
- Ask if non-traditional students are eligible to apply for life experience credit.
- To what extent will you have access to the instructor? (For example: What hours? Via email? Via telephone?)
- Is tutoring available? If so, when and what are the fees?
- What is the class format (live chat, email, video, forum postings, webinar, etc.)
- How much is the tuition on a per credit hour and/or program basis?
- What types of financial aid are available for students?
- Are there any institutional scholarship programs for which you can apply?
Taking the time to ask these questions when you are comparing online degree programs can be very useful to you are you narrow down your choices to ultimately select the training option that best meets your needs.
- Benefits of Online Degree Universities
- Don't Be Fooled By Cheap Imitations - Exploring Degree Mills
- Education Solutions for Non-Traditional Students
- Finding an Accredited Distance Learning Program
- How to Compare Distance Learning Colleges - Finding the Best Online Degree Program
- Make The Right College Choice For The Right Reasons
- Quality Control & College Accreditation
- Questions To Ask Yourself When Choosing A College
- The Pros & Cons of Community Colleges
- The Pros & Cons Of Private Colleges
- The Pros & Cons Of State Universities
Latest College & Financial Aid News
May 19, 2016
by Susan DutcaNetflix is every college student's delight and distraction. What should've been a two-hour study session ended up being 5 hours of watching Game of Thrones. Apply for one of these Top 10 Scholarships in the time it takes you an episode or two of your favorite TV series. The Scholarships.com "Tell A Friend" $1,000 Sweepstakes Deadline: 6/30/2016 [...]
May 17, 2016
by Susan DutcaThe Supreme Court recently avoided a major ruling on a case challenging the contraceptive coverage mandate in the Affordable Care Act. The justices decided to let the lower courts battle out the issue of faith-based organizations refusing to offer free contraceptive coverage for women. This week, all seven cases in the consolidated Zubik v. Buwell, No. 14-1418 were sent back to their appeals [...]
May 12, 2016
by Susan DutcaA deceased college professor's 1985 Ford Mustang GT is on the market...to raise money for scholarships and honor the educator who, despite his 35 years of "superb teaching" had no campus memorialization. The vintage muscle car, valued at $15,500, will fund scholarships within three different departments at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. Bill Vettes, the Marxist professor at UW-L, is [...]