How to Compare Distance Learning Colleges - Finding the Best Online Degree Program
There are many distance learning colleges, and choosing the one that is right for you can seem like an overwhelming decision. It is a good idea to compare several different schools before you make a final decision about the best online degree program for you.
Some questions you should ask to get the online degree information needed to make an informed decision include
- Is the school accredited? If so, is the accreditation regional or national?
- Will the program qualify you to sit for any necessary state licensing exams?
- Are there any set times for online class meetings or instructor conferences?
- What is the average program completion time?
- If you are training for a new career, inquire about the availability of job placement assistance and graduate placement rates.
- Ask if your prior college transcripts can be evaluated for credits that can be transferred into your online degree program.
- Ask if non-traditional students are eligible to apply for life experience credit.
- To what extent will you have access to the instructor? (For example: What hours? Via email? Via telephone?)
- Is tutoring available? If so, when and what are the fees?
- What is the class format (live chat, email, video, forum postings, webinar, etc.)
- How much is the tuition on a per credit hour and/or program basis?
- What types of financial aid are available for students?
- Are there any institutional scholarship programs for which you can apply?
Taking the time to ask these questions when you are comparing online degree programs can be very useful to you are you narrow down your choices to ultimately select the training option that best meets your needs.
- Benefits of Online Degree Universities
- Don't Be Fooled By Cheap Imitations - Exploring Degree Mills
- Education Solutions for Non-Traditional Students
- Finding an Accredited Distance Learning Program
- How to Compare Distance Learning Colleges - Finding the Best Online Degree Program
- Make The Right College Choice For The Right Reasons
- Quality Control & College Accreditation
- Questions To Ask Yourself When Choosing A College
- The Pros & Cons of Community Colleges
- The Pros & Cons Of Private Colleges
- The Pros & Cons Of State Universities
Latest College & Financial Aid News
June 23, 2017
by Susan Dutca
When it comes to earning scholarships for college, some students have the "go big or go home" mentality and chase the big buck scholarship opportunities. Landing a huge scholarship may take more work - meaning more time spent on the application process and essays, needing strong recommendation letters and competing against a pool of highly-qualified students. If you're motivated to land a large dollar scholarship that can potentially pay for your entire college tuition, check out these generously-endowed scholarships: [...]
June 22, 2017
When it comes to college applications, most students worry more about whether or not their grades are high enough, whether their essays are well-written, or if they have enough extracurricular activities. College recommendation letters are often lower on the list of priorities and are often hastily asked for close to the deadline. However, college recommendation letters are often one of the most common ways to distinguish between quality applications. Below are several ways to avoid getting tepid college recommendation letters that make your otherwise quality application look lackluster. [...]
June 22, 2017
by Susan Dutca
Everyone knows big-name companies such as Google or Coca-Cola...but did you know that these companies also offer scholarship opportunities to help you pay for college? That's right! If you love these quality products and services, you may be interested these generously-endowed scholarships. Check out this list of brand name scholarships offered by the companies with which you are most familiar: [...]