Questions To Ask Yourself When Choosing A College
There are many factors to consider when choosing a college. Part of a successful college search process involves thinking about your school preferences and career plans, and identifying colleges that meet your needs.
Questions to ask yourself that can help with choosing the right college include:
- What do I want to major in?
- Am I 100% certain about my major choice, or is there a possibility that I might change majors?
- Will I be benefit from starting out in a two-year college?
- Will I be comfortable at a large university?
- Is a faith-based college a good choice for me?
- Is a private college a good choice for me?
- How much can I afford to spend on college?
- What are my options for paying for college?
- Do I plan to work while attending college?
- What geographic area do I prefer?
- Will I live on campus, with my parents, or in an off-campus apartment?
- Will I be happier at a co-ed or a single gender campus?
- What are my primary reasons for attending college?
- What type of work would I like to do after college?
- Is it likely that I will pursue graduate study after completing my undergraduate program?
The Scholarships.com free college search engine can help you locate colleges that meet your needs. The answers to these questions can help you narrow down your list of potential colleges. For example, if you find the idea of attending a large state university overwhelming, you can narrow your college search to smaller schools. If you want to live with your parents while attending college, you can narrow the list to include only schools within an easy commuting distance of your home.
- Benefits of Online Degree Universities
- Don't Be Fooled By Cheap Imitations - Exploring Degree Mills
- Education Solutions for Non-Traditional Students
- Finding an Accredited Distance Learning Program
- How to Compare Distance Learning Colleges - Finding the Best Online Degree Program
- Make The Right College Choice For The Right Reasons
- Quality Control & College Accreditation
- Questions To Ask Yourself When Choosing A College
- The Pros & Cons of Community Colleges
- The Pros & Cons Of Private Colleges
- The Pros & Cons Of State Universities
Latest College & Financial Aid News
March 24, 2017
by Susan Dutca
What do spring college scholarships bring? Potentially thousands of dollars in free college money to help foot your college tuition bill! Whether you are relaxing over spring break or heavy into spring cleaning, don't forget to do your academic and financial aid housekeeping. Explore these spring-centric awards, as well as college scholarships with spring 2017 deadlines. Or if you prefer, conduct your own free college scholarship search here: [...]
March 21, 2017
by Susan Dutca
Finding a way to pay for college is a whole mess in itself. Add to that the stress of filling out a FAFSA and now, the removal of a key I.R.S. tool that made the process somewhat less difficult, and you have millions of students in limbo, panicking about how they will pay for college. [...]
March 14, 2017
by Susan Dutca
Although many students admit they're embarrassed to ask for money, crowdfunding has proven to be successful for students with the help of friends, families, colleagues and even strangers. [...]