Questions To Ask Yourself When Choosing A College
There are many factors to consider when choosing a college. Part of a successful college search process involves thinking about your school preferences and career plans, and identifying colleges that meet your needs.
Questions to ask yourself that can help with choosing the right college include:
- What do I want to major in?
- Am I 100% certain about my major choice, or is there a possibility that I might change majors?
- Will I be benefit from starting out in a two-year college?
- Will I be comfortable at a large university?
- Is a faith-based college a good choice for me?
- Is a private college a good choice for me?
- How much can I afford to spend on college?
- What are my options for paying for college?
- Do I plan to work while attending college?
- What geographic area do I prefer?
- Will I live on campus, with my parents, or in an off-campus apartment?
- Will I be happier at a co-ed or a single gender campus?
- What are my primary reasons for attending college?
- What type of work would I like to do after college?
- Is it likely that I will pursue graduate study after completing my undergraduate program?
The Scholarships.com free college search engine can help you locate colleges that meet your needs. The answers to these questions can help you narrow down your list of potential colleges. For example, if you find the idea of attending a large state university overwhelming, you can narrow your college search to smaller schools. If you want to live with your parents while attending college, you can narrow the list to include only schools within an easy commuting distance of your home.
- Benefits of Online Degree Universities
- Don't Be Fooled By Cheap Imitations - Exploring Degree Mills
- Education Solutions for Non-Traditional Students
- Finding an Accredited Distance Learning Program
- How to Compare Distance Learning Colleges - Finding the Best Online Degree Program
- Make The Right College Choice For The Right Reasons
- Quality Control & College Accreditation
- Questions To Ask Yourself When Choosing A College
- The Pros & Cons of Community Colleges
- The Pros & Cons Of Private Colleges
- The Pros & Cons Of State Universities
Latest College & Financial Aid News
May 27, 2016
by Susan DutcaOne former and one current DePaul student disrupted a presentation at the school's student center earlier this week. One of them snatched the microphone from the interviewer and appeared to threaten the guest speaker, Milo Yiannopolous, with it. The disturbance was reportedly due to the fundamental disagreement with the subject matter being presented, as it ran counter to that of the protesters [...]
May 24, 2016
by Susan Dutca12-year-old Tanishq Abraham has already earned three associate's degrees and has been accepted to two University of California system four-year colleges. 60 percent of college students today are twice that age before they earn a single bachelor's degree. Tanishq Abraham started taking college courses at age 7 and has been accepted to UC Davis and received the highest honor - a Regents [...]
May 19, 2016
by Susan DutcaNetflix is every college student's delight and distraction. What should've been a two-hour study session ended up being 5 hours of watching Game of Thrones. Apply for one of these Top 10 Scholarships in the time it takes you an episode or two of your favorite TV series. The Scholarships.com "Tell A Friend" $1,000 Sweepstakes Deadline: 6/30/2016 [...]