Questions To Ask Yourself When Choosing A College
There are many factors to consider when choosing a college. Part of a successful college search process involves thinking about your school preferences and career plans, and identifying colleges that meet your needs.
Questions to ask yourself that can help with choosing the right college include:
- What do I want to major in?
- Am I 100% certain about my major choice, or is there a possibility that I might change majors?
- Will I be benefit from starting out in a two-year college?
- Will I be comfortable at a large university?
- Is a faith-based college a good choice for me?
- Is a private college a good choice for me?
- How much can I afford to spend on college?
- What are my options for paying for college?
- Do I plan to work while attending college?
- What geographic area do I prefer?
- Will I live on campus, with my parents, or in an off-campus apartment?
- Will I be happier at a co-ed or a single gender campus?
- What are my primary reasons for attending college?
- What type of work would I like to do after college?
- Is it likely that I will pursue graduate study after completing my undergraduate program?
The Scholarships.com free college search engine can help you locate colleges that meet your needs. The answers to these questions can help you narrow down your list of potential colleges. For example, if you find the idea of attending a large state university overwhelming, you can narrow your college search to smaller schools. If you want to live with your parents while attending college, you can narrow the list to include only schools within an easy commuting distance of your home.
- Benefits of Online Degree Universities
- Don't Be Fooled By Cheap Imitations - Exploring Degree Mills
- Education Solutions for Non-Traditional Students
- Finding an Accredited Distance Learning Program
- How to Compare Distance Learning Colleges - Finding the Best Online Degree Program
- Make The Right College Choice For The Right Reasons
- Quality Control & College Accreditation
- Questions To Ask Yourself When Choosing A College
- The Pros & Cons of Community Colleges
- The Pros & Cons Of Private Colleges
- The Pros & Cons Of State Universities
Latest College & Financial Aid News
October 25, 2016
by Susan DutcaDue to "ongoing racism" at the University of Alabama, students are choosing to remain seated during the national anthem at football games. Their #BamaSits demonstration is just one of the many thought to be motivated by similar protests by San Francisco 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick. #BamaSits protestors have cited their disapproval of "police violence against young black people" and the "racism [...]
October 18, 2016
by Susan DutcaThe generous $500 million gift from Phil and Penny Knight to the University of Oregon is the "largest ever for a public flagship institution" and is intended to support and strengthen interdisciplinary scientific research. With the donation, the university plans to extend its current science campus by 210,000 square feet, with three new research facilities. The initiative is expected to create [...]
October 11, 2016
by Susan DutcaOne nonprofit is heavily recruiting reformed delinquents from disadvantaged communities and funneling them into college. The troubled youth - many of whom have committed crimes and have been in jail, are given personal advisers, free college-prep courses, childcare, bus passes and other forms of support to keep off the streets. College Bound Dorchester has enrolled about 130 students over the [...]