Questions To Ask Yourself When Choosing A College
There are many factors to consider when choosing a college. Part of a successful college search process involves thinking about your school preferences and career plans, and identifying colleges that meet your needs.
Questions to ask yourself that can help with choosing the right college include:
- What do I want to major in?
- Am I 100% certain about my major choice, or is there a possibility that I might change majors?
- Will I be benefit from starting out in a two-year college?
- Will I be comfortable at a large university?
- Is a faith-based college a good choice for me?
- Is a private college a good choice for me?
- How much can I afford to spend on college?
- What are my options for paying for college?
- Do I plan to work while attending college?
- What geographic area do I prefer?
- Will I live on campus, with my parents, or in an off-campus apartment?
- Will I be happier at a co-ed or a single gender campus?
- What are my primary reasons for attending college?
- What type of work would I like to do after college?
- Is it likely that I will pursue graduate study after completing my undergraduate program?
The Scholarships.com free college search engine can help you locate colleges that meet your needs. The answers to these questions can help you narrow down your list of potential colleges. For example, if you find the idea of attending a large state university overwhelming, you can narrow your college search to smaller schools. If you want to live with your parents while attending college, you can narrow the list to include only schools within an easy commuting distance of your home.
- Benefits of Online Degree Universities
- Don't Be Fooled By Cheap Imitations - Exploring Degree Mills
- Education Solutions for Non-Traditional Students
- Finding an Accredited Distance Learning Program
- How to Compare Distance Learning Colleges - Finding the Best Online Degree Program
- Make The Right College Choice For The Right Reasons
- Quality Control & College Accreditation
- Questions To Ask Yourself When Choosing A College
- The Pros & Cons of Community Colleges
- The Pros & Cons Of Private Colleges
- The Pros & Cons Of State Universities
Latest College & Financial Aid News
July 28, 2016
by Susan DutcaThe University of Wisconsin - Green Bay is offering a course to educate students on the environmental justice movement, and it's titled "Green Lives Matter." From topics of flint lead contamination to migrant farm worker pesticide exposure, the program "argues the effects of capitalism force poor and minority community to live in dangerous and unhealthy situations". If you have a passion [...]
July 26, 2016
by Susan DutcaNative American students lag behind their peers from a young age, across almost every measure of student success. From college enrollment, to test scores and on-time graduation, they have the lowest rates of any racial subgroup. They make up a mere 1 percent of the high school and college population and tend to be overlooked when it comes to discussion about the nation's achievement [...]
July 21, 2016
by Susan DutcaColleges and universities across the nation are starting to engage more in discussions regarding what it means to be a man. Masculinity, just like femininity, is celebrated through these gender-specific scholarships. So man-up and check out these scholarship opportunities!: Colored Rocks Contest [...]