Questions To Ask Yourself When Choosing A College
There are many factors to consider when choosing a college. Part of a successful college search process involves thinking about your school preferences and career plans, and identifying colleges that meet your needs.
Questions to ask yourself that can help with choosing the right college include:
- What do I want to major in?
- Am I 100% certain about my major choice, or is there a possibility that I might change majors?
- Will I be benefit from starting out in a two-year college?
- Will I be comfortable at a large university?
- Is a faith-based college a good choice for me?
- Is a private college a good choice for me?
- How much can I afford to spend on college?
- What are my options for paying for college?
- Do I plan to work while attending college?
- What geographic area do I prefer?
- Will I live on campus, with my parents, or in an off-campus apartment?
- Will I be happier at a co-ed or a single gender campus?
- What are my primary reasons for attending college?
- What type of work would I like to do after college?
- Is it likely that I will pursue graduate study after completing my undergraduate program?
The Scholarships.com free college search engine can help you locate colleges that meet your needs. The answers to these questions can help you narrow down your list of potential colleges. For example, if you find the idea of attending a large state university overwhelming, you can narrow your college search to smaller schools. If you want to live with your parents while attending college, you can narrow the list to include only schools within an easy commuting distance of your home.
- Benefits of Online Degree Universities
- Don't Be Fooled By Cheap Imitations - Exploring Degree Mills
- Education Solutions for Non-Traditional Students
- Finding an Accredited Distance Learning Program
- How to Compare Distance Learning Colleges - Finding the Best Online Degree Program
- Make The Right College Choice For The Right Reasons
- Quality Control & College Accreditation
- Questions To Ask Yourself When Choosing A College
- The Pros & Cons of Community Colleges
- The Pros & Cons Of Private Colleges
- The Pros & Cons Of State Universities
Latest College & Financial Aid News
August 31, 2015
by Susan DutcaWith summer quickly coming to an end, Scholarships.com is keeping you well-equipped with the top ten, hottest scholarships to bring in the new school year. What better way to enjoy the last weeks of summer than to win free college money? With scholarships available for all ages and across a variety of subjects, we've compiled top dollar scholarship opportunities for you - all you have to do is [...]
August 30, 2015
College can be a stressful time, suddenly full of both student and adult responsibilities. However, for some students, it can become more than just stress - potentially a larger issue like depression. If students cannot or will not seek help, the consequences can be severe. Therefore, students need to prioritize their happiness in college, since mental health is just as important as physical [...]
August 27, 2015
by Susan DutcaIn the midst of Wednesday's tragic shooting and killing of WDBJ7 journalist Alison Parker and cameraman Adam Ward by alleged gunman and former WDBJ-TV reporter Vester Lee Flanagan, Parker's alma mater, James Madison University is accepting donations for the Alison Parker Memorial Scholarship. Similarly, Patrick Henry Community College, where Parker received her associate's degree, is accepting [...]