Questions To Ask Yourself When Choosing A College
There are many factors to consider when choosing a college. Part of a successful college search process involves thinking about your school preferences and career plans, and identifying colleges that meet your needs.
Questions to ask yourself that can help with choosing the right college include:
- What do I want to major in?
- Am I 100% certain about my major choice, or is there a possibility that I might change majors?
- Will I be benefit from starting out in a two-year college?
- Will I be comfortable at a large university?
- Is a faith-based college a good choice for me?
- Is a private college a good choice for me?
- How much can I afford to spend on college?
- What are my options for paying for college?
- Do I plan to work while attending college?
- What geographic area do I prefer?
- Will I live on campus, with my parents, or in an off-campus apartment?
- Will I be happier at a co-ed or a single gender campus?
- What are my primary reasons for attending college?
- What type of work would I like to do after college?
- Is it likely that I will pursue graduate study after completing my undergraduate program?
The Scholarships.com free college search engine can help you locate colleges that meet your needs. The answers to these questions can help you narrow down your list of potential colleges. For example, if you find the idea of attending a large state university overwhelming, you can narrow your college search to smaller schools. If you want to live with your parents while attending college, you can narrow the list to include only schools within an easy commuting distance of your home.
- Benefits of Online Degree Universities
- Don't Be Fooled By Cheap Imitations - Exploring Degree Mills
- Education Solutions for Non-Traditional Students
- Finding an Accredited Distance Learning Program
- How to Compare Distance Learning Colleges - Finding the Best Online Degree Program
- Make The Right College Choice For The Right Reasons
- Quality Control & College Accreditation
- Questions To Ask Yourself When Choosing A College
- The Pros & Cons of Community Colleges
- The Pros & Cons Of Private Colleges
- The Pros & Cons Of State Universities
Latest College & Financial Aid News
August 15, 2017
by Susan Dutca
The looming 1.4 billion student debt haunts not only college students and graduates, but blue-collar students as well. Dozens of truck drivers recount the industry's hopeful advertisement and how they are left in debt with thousands of dollars in training fees and poor job prospects. [...]
August 9, 2017
Just because you're already in college - even halfway through or in your final year - doesn't mean you couldn't use more financial aid to help pay your college tuition bill. Scholarships for college students are everywhere, including undergraduate scholarships and scholarships for grad students. In fact, many of the prestigious scholarships and large dollar scholarships out there are offered to college students. We understand college students' hectic schedules and having to balance academics, athletics, and extracurricular, so we've put together a wholesome list of scholarships for college students to make things easier for you. Don't forget to check out even more scholarships for undergraduate students and graduate scholarships by conducting a college scholarship search: [...]
August 8, 2017
by Susan Dutca
$7.3 million will be spent to create or expand free college education programs in New York prisons. Among the seven colleges who will offer the College-in-Prison Reentry Program at 17 state correctional facilities over the next five years is Cornell University. [...]