The MMUF Advancement Program Fellows initiative fosters diverse perspectives in graduate studies and academia, empowering alumni of the Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship (MMUF) to contribute their unique viewpoints within their fields and to their students. These Fellows, who are MMUF program alumni, come together to prepare for graduate school, receive additional research funding, and benefit from professional support during their dissertation research journey.
- Fellowships exclusively for Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship alumni
- Supports graduate students in completing their dissertations
- Dissertation grant offers up to $30,000 for a 12-month period
- Encourages fellows to seek dissertation grants from their home institutions
- Open to graduate students
- Must have participated in the Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship Program
- Ensure eligibility as a graduate student with a background in the Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship Program.
- Prepare and submit your dissertation grant application, detailing your research and funding needs.
- Reviewers will evaluate applications and make award decisions.
- Selected recipients will receive support for a 12-month period to complete their dissertation research.
- Seek dissertation grants from your home institution, and if not provided, you may be eligible for the full grant amount.
- The Institute for Citizens & Scholars will advocate for tuition waivers with graduate schools.
- Ensure you have health insurance coverage arranged independently.
By pursuing the MMUF Advancement Program Fellowship, you join a community of scholars dedicated to expanding the diversity of voices in higher education. Your unique perspective and commitment to academia will contribute to a richer and more inclusive academic landscape.