McDonald's USA National Employee Scholarship Program
- Website Address
- Scholarship Administrator
- 2111 McDonald
- Email Address
- Application Deadline
- January 20, 2016
- Number Of Awards
- Maximum Amount
- Scholarship Description
- The McDonald's National Employee Scholarship Program is one of many examples of McDonald's commitment to employee development and opportunity. The program recognizes and rewards the accomplishments of McDonald's student-employees who excel in their studies, serve their communities, and work hard to deliver an outstanding experience for our customers.
Every academic year, the McDonald's National Employee Scholarship Program selects one outstanding student-employee from each state and the District of Columbia to receive a $2,500 scholarship. In addition, the student-employee judged to demonstrate the highest commitment to school, work, and community service is selected to receive a special honor. He or she is named the "McScholar of the Year" and is awarded a $5,000 scholarship.
Scholarship winners may use their awards at any qualifying institution and for any field of study they choose.
The McDonald's National Employee Scholarship Program recognizes the accomplishments of outstanding students in the course of their employment at McDonald's. The following eligibility requirements apply for this program:
- Must be currently employed at a U.S. McDonald's restaurant and have at least four months continuous employment at the time of application
- Must work a minimum of 15 hours per week
- Must be a high school senior planning to attend an accredited institution offering post-secondary education and/or career training and instruction or a current or returning student at such an institution
- Must be employed by McDonald's or a U.S. McDonald's owner/operator at the time the scholarship awards are announced
Scholarship winners are selected on the basis of their documented academic achievement, community involvement, and job performance. An independent panel of educators reviews all complete applications and selects the winners. All decisions are final.
See if you qualify for this award
Learn more about this scholarship and many more.
Latest College & Financial Aid News
October 6, 2015
by Susan DutcaLast week, a Mount Holyoke College professor allegedly went around his class trying to guess what racial slurs minority students might have been called in their lifetime. Students claimed the exercise was a form of racial discrimination. In this day and age, we are more politically correct than ever before. College students now think twice before raising their hands to offer an opinion on [...]
October 5, 2015
by Erica LewisOh, yes, group projects. When it comes to group projects, you either love 'em or hate 'em. There's really no in-between. So how do you keep your cool when you can't stand your partners or the project itself? Divide the work evenly. Don't let one person do all the work and then have the other names attached to the project. Although the load may be carried more heavily by one [...]
September 29, 2015
by Susan DutcaIn less than a month the world of higher education has moved forward with changes to the traditional approaches in the college application and admission process - first, with the simplified and updated FAFSA to appear in October 2016 and now, with 80 colleges and universities building a platform to streamline the application process that they hope to debut in summer of 2016. The goal is to get [...]