McDonald's USA National Employee Scholarship Program
- Website Address
- Scholarship Administrator
- 2111 McDonald
- Oak Brook, IL 60523
- Email Address
- Application Deadline
- January 20, 2016
- Number Of Awards
- Maximum Amount
- Scholarship Description
- The McDonald's National Employee Scholarship Program is one of many examples of McDonald's commitment to employee development and opportunity. The program recognizes and rewards the accomplishments of McDonald's student-employees who excel in their studies, serve their communities, and work hard to deliver an outstanding experience for our customers.
Every academic year, the McDonald's National Employee Scholarship Program selects one outstanding student-employee from each state and the District of Columbia to receive a $2,500 scholarship. In addition, the student-employee judged to demonstrate the highest commitment to school, work, and community service is selected to receive a special honor. He or she is named the "McScholar of the Year" and is awarded a $5,000 scholarship.
Scholarship winners may use their awards at any qualifying institution and for any field of study they choose.
The McDonald's National Employee Scholarship Program recognizes the accomplishments of outstanding students in the course of their employment at McDonald's. The following eligibility requirements apply for this program:
- Must be currently employed at a U.S. McDonald's restaurant and have at least four months continuous employment at the time of application
- Must work a minimum of 15 hours per week
- Must be a high school senior planning to attend an accredited institution offering post-secondary education and/or career training and instruction or a current or returning student at such an institution
- Must be employed by McDonald's or a U.S. McDonald's owner/operator at the time the scholarship awards are announced
Scholarship winners are selected on the basis of their documented academic achievement, community involvement, and job performance. An independent panel of educators reviews all complete applications and selects the winners. All decisions are final.
See if you qualify for this award
Learn more about this scholarship and many more.
Latest College & Financial Aid News
December 1, 2015
by Susan DutcaWearing 5-inch heels and an even taller wig, Professor Scudura decided to put it all out there for academic discussion in what one might term a "performance lecture". "The Fabulous and Subversive Nature of Drag Performance" was more than a lecture and a lot closer to adult "show and tell". Rather than offer up more dry discourse on the subject, Domenick Scudera brazenly decided to do something [...]
November 24, 2015
by Susan DutcaThe University of Ottawa recently suspended their yoga class after students raised concerns that the exercises were offensive and a form of "cultural appropriation." Instructor Jennifer Sharf, who teaches the class for free, feels "people are just looking for a reason to be offended by anything they can find." The Student Federation, who also happen to be the ones to invite Scharf to the [...]
November 19, 2015
by Susan DutcaAccording to Breitbart news, a 21-year old student at the U.K.'s University of York committed suicide 24 hours before the university's cancellation of International Men's Day. After 200 feminist campaigners, students, staff and alumni expressed their fury over a professor's comments about International Men's Day, the university decided to not observe the November 19 holiday and instead continue [...]