Senior Front End, UI Developer
This is an onsite position located at:
513 Central Ave Highland Park IL 60035
At Scholarships.com, we are pioneering how students interact digitally with scholarship opportunities. Join our team as we reimagine the future of scholarship search. Your role will be pivotal in advancing our technology and building on an ultra-modern design. You will make an immediate and positive impact on the lives of millions of students.
- Design and develop cutting-edge web pages with leading technologies.
- Play a lead role in engineering the next version of Scholarships.com employing a mobile-first strategy, ensuring that our website is responsive and offers an optimal mobile user experience.
- Optimize images, leverage browser caching, minimize code, and use Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) to reduce page load times.
- Develop secure, high-quality code, review, and debug code authored by colleagues.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the user experience and improve the overall operation of Scholarships.com.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging front-end technologies.
Required Qualifications, Capabilities, and Skills:
- Formal training or certification in frontend development with 5+ years of experience.
- A thorough understanding of layout, aesthetics and SEO principles.
- Comprehensive understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Proficiency in testing and debugging across all mobile and desktop browser platforms.
- Experience using cloud-based design tools such as Figma, Adobe XD, InVision or Sketch for interface design, prototyping, and collaboration.
- Although not required experience with C#, SQL Server, MVC or Microsoft Developer Studio would be beneficial.
Scholarships.com has been the leading scholarship search platform since its founding. We're dedicated to helping students and their families find, apply for, and win scholarships and grants. Our extensive database is regularly updated, and our platform tools are designed to make the scholarship search as efficient and tailored as possible.
What You Can Expect from Us
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPO Health insurance, low copay
- 15 days Paid Time Off, including vacation, sick/personal days plus 7 days off for holidays
- Casual dress code
- Fully stocked break room with snacks, coffee, tea, etc.
- Easy commute: Short walk to the office from Metra train
Please submit your current resume and cover letter detailing your desire and qualification for the position, as well as any other special attributes you wish to share. All applicants will be kept confidential. We appreciate all interest but we can only contact those applicants with whom we wish to proceed further.