Full Stack .Net Web Developer
513 Central Ave Highland Park IL 60035
Scholarships.com is searching for forward-thinking, creative and passionate .NET Web Developers who want to put their technical talents to use helping students find funding for their college education.
As a .NET Web Developer for Scholarships.com you will play an integral hands-on role in the design and development of future versions of Scholarships.com as well as internal marketing and business support systems. From abstract ideation to polished implementation, you’ll get the opportunity to work with the latest versions of all tools and keep up with the rapid evolution of other frameworks as you go along.
Our ideal .NET Web Developer is well rounded with a strong base skillset and aptitude to grow into new technologies, methodologies, and toolsets. With the growing shift toward mobile computing, candidates should possess experience developing mobile friendly user interfaces and actively stay on top of trends.
- Work with tech team to design and develop visually appealing, responsive websites
- Optimize and test features across all major browsers on both desktop and mobile devices
- Care for and enhance internal systems including Email Campaign Deployment, Invoicing and reporting systems
- Participate in code reviews and test-driven development
- Troubleshoot, debug and fix production system issues
- Write Ad-Hoc SQL queries for management analysis
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years development experience with some in web and mobile platform development
- Working knowledge of ASP.Net, MVC, SQL, C#, CSS, HTML, JQuery, Mobile UI
- Knowledge and understanding of application processes, from design and development to testing, implementation, and support
- Proficiency at gathering and interpreting requirements for new/enhanced features
- Working directly with managers and leadership to conceive, design, and build solutions
- Experience identifying and optimizing inefficient processes and systems bottlenecks
- Experience designing responsive websites
What You Can Expect from Us
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPO Health insurance, low copay
- 15 days Paid Time Off, including vacation, sick/personal days plus 7 days off for holidays
- Casual dress code
- Fully stocked break room with snacks, coffee, tea, etc.
- Easy commute: Short walk to the office from Metra train
Please submit your current resume and cover letter detailing your desire and qualification for the position, as well as any other special attributes you wish to share. All applicants will be kept confidential. We appreciate all interest but we can only contact those applicants with whom we wish to proceed further.