The Horatio Alger Association seeks to assist students who have demonstrated integrity, perseverance in overcoming adversity, strength of character, financial need, a good academic record, commitment to pursue a college education, and a desire to contribute to society.
The eligibility criteria to be considered for all Horatio Alger National and State Scholarship Programs are as follows:
- Enrolled full time as a high school senior, progressing normally toward graduation in spring/summer, with plans to enter a college in the United States no later than the fall following graduation
- Intend to pursue a bachelor’s degree at an accredited institution (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution)
- Critical financial need, preferably $50,000 or lower adjusted gross income per family
- Involvement in co-curricular and community service activities
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0
- U.S. citizenship
For more information on this scholarship and other scholarship opportunities, conduct a free scholarship search today!