We believe in breaking down barriers to education, especially for those who face challenges due to their immigration status. Our Opportunity Scholarship is designed for undocumented students living in locked-out states, where accessing higher education seems like an insurmountable obstacle. If you find yourself in such a situation, we are here to open doors for you.
- The scholarship covers tuition, fees, on-campus housing, and meals at partner colleges, with a maximum award of $80,000 for a bachelor's degree.
- This scholarship is renewable each year, provided continuing eligibility criteria are met, including full-time enrollment.
- Applicants must be undocumented or have DACA or TPS status and arrived in the United States before November 1, 2017, maintaining continuous residence since then.
- Eligible applicants came to the United States before the age of 16 (Note: U.S. born individuals are not eligible).
- Applicants must demonstrate significant unmet financial need.
- Applicants must live in and have graduated or will graduate from a high school in a targeted locked-out state.
- Graduated or will graduate with a high school GPA of 2.5 or possess a cumulative college/university GPA of 2.5.
- Applicants must intend to relocate to and enroll full-time in a bachelor's degree program at an Opportunity Partner College.
- Determine if you can apply
- Complete the application
- Submit and monitor application status
- Look out for the award notification
- Accept the award by the deadline
The award follows students through the completion of a bachelor’s degree and is renewable each year. Recipients must meet the continuing eligibility criteria, including continuous full-time enrollment, and renew the award each summer./p>