The NSHSS Foundation provides STEAM scholarships to high school seniors with a minimum GPA of 3.0 and a demonstrated desire to major in any area of science, technology, engineering, arts or mathematics, including any area related to the medical field. Requirements include a personal statement, a list of STEAM activities, photo, transcript, and educator recommendation.
The NSHSS STEAM Scholarship offers ten $1,000 awards to high school seniors planning to major in a STEAM field (science/medicine, technology, engineering, arts, or mathematics). This scholarship recognizes the increasing importance of technological innovations and the vast opportunities within the STEAM field. Applicants need to respond to a prompt, submit an educator recommendation letter, provide evidence of leadership, share a color headshot, academic resume, and current transcript.
- Ten $1,000 awards
- Recognizes the significance of arts in the STEAM field
- Created by NSHSS
- Open to high school seniors
- Planning to major in a STEAM field
- Undergraduate student in the coming academic year
- Respond to a 500-800-word prompt on why STEAM and your career aspirations
- Include an educator recommendation letter
- Optional: Provide pictures, videos, or media showcasing your leadership
- Submit a color headshot suitable for website posting
- Include an academic resume
- Submit the current transcript (official or unofficial)
Apply to the STEAM field and apply for the NSHSS STEAM Scholarship. As technological advancements continue to shape our world, this scholarship recognizes and supports students who embrace the interdisciplinary nature of STEAM. The increasing role of technological innovations in our daily lives cannot be overstated, and by recognizing the significance of the arts, the STEAM field provides a vast amount of opportunity for those interested in it. NSHSS created this scholarship to honor those students who embrace and celebrate the STEAM field and thrive within it.