Established in 1990 by a/e ProNet, a professional association providing risk management services to architects and engineers, the David W. Lakamp Architect Scholarship continues to honor the legacy of David W. Lakamp, a founding member of a/e ProNet and a trusted advisor in the field of insurance services. This annual scholarship, now named in his honor, is awarded to up to two students demonstrating a strong interest in practice and risk management within the architecture profession, with each recipient receiving a $5,000 award.
- Annual scholarship awarded to up to two students with a passion for practice and risk management in the field of architecture.
- Each scholarship recipient receives a $5,000 award to support their educational pursuits.
- GPA requirement: Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
- Eligible students fall into one of the following categories:
- Fourth-year students in a NAAB accredited degree program
- Fourth-year students in a four-year pre-professional degree program in architecture, accepted for direct entry to a two-year NAAB accredited M.Arch program
- First-year students in a NAAB accredited M.Arch degree program for students with undergraduate degrees in another discipline
- Prepare a personal biography highlighting your interest or concentration in practice or risk management (200 words).
- Compile a professional resume.
- Submit a thoughtful response to a case study topic included in the application (500 words).
- Secure two letters of recommendation to support your application.
The a/e ProNet David W. Lakamp Architect Scholarship is not just a financial support initiative but a recognition of dedication to practice and risk management within the architecture profession.