The Out to Innovate Scholarships, established in 2011, are intended for LGBTQ+ undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) programs. The scholarships are designed to promote academic excellence and increased visibility of talented LGBTQ+ students in STEM careers. One scholarship will go to an undergraduate student, and one will go to a graduate/professional level student.
The Out to Innovate Scholarships aim to support LGBTQ+ undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) programs. These scholarships are dedicated to promoting academic excellence and increasing the visibility of LGBTQ+ individuals in STEM careers. Generously funded by various organizations and individuals, the scholarships offer financial support to deserving students.
- Multiple scholarships available
- Motorola Solutions Foundation funds scholarships for technology and engineering undergraduate students
- BHE Foundation offers $5,000 scholarships for engineering students
- Additional general STEM scholarships worth $3,000
- Amy A. Ross Scholarship in Bioscience worth $2,000
- Open to LGBTQ+ undergraduate and graduate students
- Applicants must be pursuing STEM degrees or STEM-related teaching fields
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Active supporter of LGBTQ+ inclusion and visibility
- Complete the scholarship application form
- Submit a personal statement demonstrating your commitment to LGBTQ+ inclusion in STEM
- Provide any required documentation
By applying for the Out to Innovate Scholarships, you not only advance your STEM education but also contribute to increasing LGBTQ+ representation in these fields.