The Susan Lawrence Soldier for Life Scholarship is established by our CEO LTG Susan S. Lawrence, USA (Ret.). LTG Lawrence graduated from Campbell University while enlisted at Fort Bragg. This was a huge part of LTG Lawrence’s military journey, and she is honored to give back and continue her legacy here at AFCEA through this scholarship fund. One $5,000 scholarship will be awarded to a Campbell University student pursuing a STEM degree and served as an enlisted soldier at Fort Liberty (formerly Fort Bragg).
- Served as an enlisted soldier at Fort Liberty
- Attending Campbell University
- Majoring in a STEM discipline
Qualifying STEM majors related to the mission of AFCEA include: astronomy, biometry/biometrics, chemical engineering, computer engineering, computer forensics science, computer programming, computer science, computer systems, cybersecurity, electrical engineering, electronics engineering, geospatial science, industrial engineering, information science, information technology, information resource management, intelligence, mathematics, mechanical engineering, network engineering, network security, operations, research, physics, robotics engineering, robotics technology, statistics, strategic intelligence, and telecommunications engineering.
Submissions must include the following:
- Completed Application: In addition to basic information, there are several short-answer questions. Applications open October 1.
- Official Transcript: with completed courses and grades including grades from the Spring semester. If electronic submission of your transcript is not possible, please send the official document to the AFCEA address provided on our website to arrive by the deadline.
- One Letter of Recommendation: from faculty in the major of study. Have your references submit their letter of recommendation in PDF form. It is your responsibility to communicate with your recommender to obtain the required letter when completing the application process.
Official transcripts reflecting all college-level study also will be required by the deadline date - electronic submission preferred. If your transcript does not show your classes in progress, please submit documents showing current classes.
If electronic submission is not possible, please send the official document to the AFCEA address listed on our website by the deadline. Applications must be complete and submitted, including all supporting documentation, by the deadline.