At ABC Wildlife, we recognize the indispensable role of diversity in every scientific field, from biology to chemical engineering. Despite comprising 48 percent of the American workforce, women remain significantly underrepresented in STEM fields, constituting only 13 percent of engineering professionals and 7.2 percent in mechanical engineering. Acknowledging this disparity, ABC Wildlife is committed to fostering diversity, particularly by encouraging women to pursue careers in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM).
• Essay Prompt: Why are you passionate about science, technology, engineering, or math, and how will your pursuit of these fields contribute to preserving biodiversity, improving the health of our planet, or alleviating human suffering?
• Eligibility: Open to female-identifying graduate and undergraduate students enrolling or continuing in STEM fields at accredited universities in the coming academic year.
• Submission deadline: July 1
• Award: One (1) award of $1,000 for the top essay; additional awards for up to nine other outstanding submissions.
Funds can be used for tuition, projects, medical expenses, housing, living expenses, transportation, or other education-related costs.
• Submit your essay (1000 words or fewer) to [email protected] with the subject line “Women in STEM Scholarship.”
• Include proof of enrollment and one academic reference letter by the July 1, 2023, deadline.
About the Founder:
This scholarship is the brainchild of Urban Wildlife Manager Rebecca Fyffe, a trailblazing entrepreneur and female business owner in a predominantly male industry. Fyffe attributes her success to her STEM background and is passionate about providing more opportunities for women in STEM programs and science-based education.
To apply, you must be a student currently enrolled at a U.S. Department of Education-recognized college or university in the United States. Applicants must study or plan to study science, engineering, mathematics, or technology. Employees or children of employees at ABC Wildlife, Inc. are not eligible.
Embark on your STEM journey and contribute to building a more diverse and inclusive scientific community. Apply for the ABC Wildlife Women in STEM Scholarship and let your passion for STEM fields shape a brighter future.