Dreaming of a career in healthcare or science? The American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women movement along with the Verity family will support one Washington student in pursuit of their dreams.
The Go Red Women in Healthcare and Science Scholarship powered by the Verity Family is open to high school seniors or students currently enrolled in a college, university, vocational or technical trade school in the state of Washington. One $10,000 scholarship will be awarded to a qualifying applicant.
- $10,000 scholarship for students in Washington pursuing healthcare or science careers
- High school seniors or students currently enrolled in a Washington college, university, vocational, or technical trade school
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Intent to major in a healthcare-related field at a college or university or earn a degree/certificate in a healthcare-related field at a vocational or technical trade institution
- Not a past award recipient or holder of a terminal degree (MD, JD, PhD, etc.)
- Complete the application by 11:59 p.m. PT on March 31st.
- Provide two letters of recommendation, one from an educator and one from a community service representative.
- Submit a five-paragraph essay (600 words maximum) highlighting qualities such as maturity, motivation, self-confidence, leadership, interest, commitment to healthcare, and potential for success.
Students who meet the qualification requirements and complete the application no later than 11:59 p.m. PT on March 31st will be considered. Please review the complete qualification and application requirements prior to submitting.