The Claire M. LaPlante Engineering Scholarship is an award of $50,000 offered to a West Virginia resident completing high school entirely in West Virginia and attending the West Virginia University's Benjamin M. Statler College of Engineering.
- Scholarship award options: $10,000 per year for five years (Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering dual major) or $12,500 per year for four years (Biomedical Engineering major)
- Total scholarship value: $50,000
- Merit-based and need-blind scholarship
- Recipients must maintain enrollment in the WVU College of Engineering for four or five consecutive years, as applicable
- Applicants must be residents of West Virginia.
- All four years of high school education must be completed in West Virginia.
- Submission of acceptance documentation into both WVU and the WVU Honors College is required along with the scholarship application.
- Applicants must enroll in the WVU College of Engineering as Track 1 students, with either a dual major in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering or a major in Biomedical Engineering.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.8 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent.
- Minimum SAT score of 1400 or minimum ACT score of 32.
- Submit your scholarship application through the official website.
- The application deadline is February 21st of each calendar year for the upcoming fall semester.
- A scholarship committee, comprised of professionals in the medical and education fields, will evaluate applications.
- Applicants will be notified of the results by April 21st.
The Board of Directors of the LaPlante Foundation shall appoint a scholarship committee comprised of professionals in the medical and education fields to administer the selection process. The aforementioned committee must receive all applications electronically through the official website no later than February 21st of each calendar year for the ensuing fall semester.