The $3,000 Fair Chance “Trade School” Scholarship is awarded to two students from across the state of Washington pursuing an education in a trade. An example of a trade could be cosmetology, aesthetician, electrician, plumbing, graphic design, construction management, radiation specialist, and many more! All funds are paid directly to the recipient’s trade school to be used toward tuition or books.
• Graduating high school senior or adult learner (at least one year out of high school)
• Student must be a resident of Washington state
• Attending an accredited trade school
• All applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7
• Currently working, volunteering or involved in a school-sponsored activity at least 8 hours per month, on average
• Prior involvement with the Fair (4H, FFA, etc.) and financial need may be considered, though neither is a requirement
• Most recent copy of transcript (unofficial)
• Two letters of recommendation: one from a scholastic contact and one from an employer, volunteer contact, or advisor of school-sponsored activity. Letters written by relatives of the applicant are not allowed.
The Fair Chance Scholarship application is available online. By completing our online application, we will automatically apply you for all online scholarships that you qualify for.