The Black Future Foundation was established in 2020 and focuses on providing scholarships to Black college bound students. This organization was created to support, empower and educate our leaders of tomorrow by providing financial support and a network of mentorship. The National Leadership Award will award $5,000 to a student. Two things to note: while the Cleveland and San Diego awards have specific residency requirements, the National Award does not; and the National Award requires applicants to be first-generation students, but the Cleveland and San Diego awards do not.
- Financial support: Each selected student will be awarded $5,000 for their first year of college.
- Empowerment: The foundation aims to empower and educate the leaders of tomorrow.
- Mentorship: Recipients will have access to a network of mentorship.
- Applicants must be Black or African-American
- Minimum GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale
- Residency in the United States
- High School Senior
- Planning to enroll full-time in a four-year degree program at a US accredited, not-for-profit, private, or public college or university
- Applicant must provide two letters of recommendation, a current transcript, and answer two essay questions
- Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria outlined above.
- Prepare two letters of recommendation, a current transcript, and responses to two essay questions.
- Submit your application to the Black Future Foundation for consideration.
If you are a Black or African-American high school senior with academic excellence and aspirations for higher education, we encourage you to apply for the Black Future Foundation scholarship.