The Surfside Area Rotary Club has established a scholarship in honor of Edsel J. “Coupe” DeVille, a retired Air Force Colonel and co-founder of Right Flight. This $1,000 scholarship is designed to support graduating seniors from specific schools who have shown involvement in extracurricular activities or community service and demonstrate financial need. The scholarship celebrates DeVille's legacy of changing lives through education and is open to students with varying academic achievements.
- In memory of Edsel J. “Coupe” DeVille
- Award amount: $1,000
- Focus on supporting students involved in extracurricular or community activities
- Applicants must be graduating seniors from St. James High School or Socastee High School. Horry County students who have family who are members of Surfside Area Rotary Club are also eligible to apply.
- Students should have demonstrated involvement in extra-curriculars or community activities and financial need.
- Demonstrated involvement in extracurriculars or community activities
- This scholarship is not necessarily for “A” students, as academic performance is evaluated on an individual basis in relationship with the student’s full application.
- Verify eligibility based on school, Rotary Club family membership, and activities
- Demonstrate financial need and involvement in extracurricular or community service
If you are a graduating senior from St. James High School or Socastee High School, or a Horry County student with a family connection to the Surfside Area Rotary Club, consider applying for this scholarship. It's an opportunity to honor the legacy of Edsel J. “Coupe” DeVille and receive financial support for your educational endeavors, especially if you have been actively involved in your community or extracurricular activities.