The International Foodservice Editorial Council (IFEC) awards scholarships annually to students with experience and/or education in the combination of food/ foodservice and the communication arts. Awards are intended to assist students planning to pursue careers as writers, editors, public relations practitioners, marketing communicators and similar within the food/ foodservice industries. This is a very specific niche. Students with questions about qualifications are encouraged to contact IFEC directly.
- Annual scholarship awards from $1,500 to $6,000
- Designed for students passionate about food/foodservice and communication arts
- Aims to support future writers, editors, and communicators in the food industry
- Scholarships disbursed in July of the award year
- Full-time college student as of March 15th, pursuing an associate's, bachelor's, or master's degree
- Enrolled in an accredited U.S. post-secondary educational institution
- Expected graduation date no earlier than January 1st
- Demonstrated passion and preparation for a career in food/foodservice communication
- Strong academic record, good character references, and financial need
- Submit your application by March 15, 2024, midnight PST
- In your cover email, specify if any materials will be sent later, such as official transcripts (unofficial transcripts can be sent with the application)
Students in good standing in a degree-granting program of a post-secondary institution whose studies and work experience combine the fields of food/ foodservice and the communication arts are considered eligible. This is open to both currently-enrolled undergraduates and master's-level students. You should have a strong academic record, good character references and demonstrate financial need.