The Marilynn Smith Scholarship, administered through The LPGA Foundation and the Marilynn Smith Scholarship Fund, is a testament to the commitment of empowering young women with a passion for golf. Founded in 1999 by the legendary Marilynn Smith, this scholarship aims to support female high school seniors who have demonstrated excellence in golf and aspire to continue playing at the collegiate level. In 2022, five deserving recipients were awarded $5,000 each, marking the scholarship's impact on nurturing talent and fostering educational pursuits.
• Number of Scholarships: Five $5,000 scholarships were awarded in the previous year.
• Eligibility: Open to female high school seniors with a background in playing golf, planning to continue their golf journey at an accredited college or university in the U.S.
Marilynn Smith's Legacy:
• The scholarship fund was established by Marilynn Smith, a trailblazer in women's golf, with the proceeds from a golf tournament she organized.
• Marilynn's dedication to golf and her desire to support the next generation of female golfers are embodied in the scholarship.
• Female high school seniors passionate about golf.
• Planning to play golf at an accredited college or university in the U.S.
• Financial Support: Receive a scholarship of $5,000 to advance your academic and golfing pursuits.
• Connect with Legacy: Become part of Marilynn Smith's legacy and the ongoing impact of women in golf.
• Empowerment through Education: Use the scholarship to pursue higher education while continuing your journey in golf.
How to Apply:
• Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria.
• Showcase your dedication to golf and your academic aspirations in your application.
Join the Legacy of Marilynn Smith: A Golfer's Dream and Scholar's Triumph. The Marilynn Smith Scholarship is more than financial assistance; it's an opportunity to be part of a legacy that celebrates the intersection of sports and education. If you are a female high school senior with a love for golf and a vision for your academic future, the Marilynn Smith Scholarship awaits.