Since Civil Air Patrol’s formation during the earliest days of World War II, this vigilant organization of citizen Airmen has been committed to service to America. Founded on Dec. 1, 1941, to mobilize the nation's civilian aviation resources for national defense service, CAP has evolved into a premier public service organization that still carries out emergency service missions when needed — in the air and on the ground. The Civil Air Patrol offers numerous scholarships to interested students.
- CAP offers various scholarships
- CAP Cadet Flight Scholarships available
- Scholarships support aviation training
- Applicants must be at least 16 years old
- Require a Third Class Medical Certificate and valid student pilot certificate (copies to be provided if selected)
- Submit your scholarship application
- While certificates are not initially required, provide copies if selected for the scholarship
To be eligible for the CAP Cadet Flight Scholarships, applicants must: be at least 16; and have a Third Class Medical Certificate and valid student pilot certificate (however, there's no requirement to have these at the time that you apply. Dollar amounts for the scholarships will vary.