The Micron Science and Technology Scholars Program is a merit-based scholarship competition recognizing excellence in academics and leadership. Each year, the program awards a $25,000 college scholarship to six high school seniors for a total of up to $150,000. One male and one female student is selected from each of the following states: Idaho, Utah and Virginia.
In addition to scholarship awards Micron Science and Technology Scholars have the opportunity to participate in the following:
- Award ceremonies with Micron executives.
- Opportunity to apply for summer internships at Micron R and D and manufacturing sites.
- Mentoring program providing scholar support and linkage to Micron engineer.
Each applicant must...
- Be a high school senior who resides in and attends a public or private school in one of the three selected states.
- Have a combined SAT score of at least 1350 or a composite ACT score of at least 30.
- Have an unweighted grade point average of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Plan to major in Engineering (Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical or Materials Science), physics or chemistry at the baccalaureate level
- Have demonstrated leadership in school, work and/or extracurricular activities
Applications are distributed to all eligible high schools starting November and are also available online.
If you reside in one of the eligible states, ask your high school counselor for an application or go to the web address for the online application at http://www.sms.scholarshipamerica.org/micron