Christopher Hoy Scholarship: Empowering MLS Pursuers
About the Scholarship
The Christopher Hoy Scholarship, named in honor of a dedicated ALA staff member, offers an annual award of $5,000 to a U.S./Canadian citizen or permanent resident pursuing a Master of Library Science (MLS) in an ALA-accredited program. This scholarship is a testament to Christopher J. Hoy's lasting impact during his over 20 years of service as the director of the ALA Conference Services Office.
- Amount: $5,000
- Frequency: Annual
To be eligible for the Christopher Hoy Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Citizenship: U.S. or Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Program Accreditation: Attend an ALA-accredited Master's Program.
- Academic Progress: Have no more than 12 semester hours towards MLS/MLIS/MIS prior to June 1 of the year awarded.
- Personal Statement: Provide a compelling personal statement as part of the application process.
Applicants are responsible for fulfilling the following:
- Attend an ALA accredited Master's Program.
This scholarship is a unique opportunity for individuals committed to advancing their career in library science, honoring the legacy of Christopher J. Hoy and the support from the Exhibits Round Table (ERT).
Join us in celebrating dedication to library science and the pursuit of knowledge through the Christopher Hoy Scholarship!