The Catch a Break!® Scholarship Program was established to assist highly motivated Minnesota residents who have faced challenges in life and learned from them, and are now enrolling for the first time in post-secondary education. Scholarships are offered for full-time study at an accredited public four-year college or university in Minnesota for the entire academic year. We have 15 new scholarships available each year. All scholarships are renewable, up to $11,000 per year, up to four years.
We welcome your application if:
- You have faced challenges in your life and learned from them
- You are highly motivated and know why you want a college education
- Must be a MN Resident as defined by your 4-year public (not private) college or university in Minnesota.
- Your composite ACT score is 24 or higher
- Your GPA is 3.0 or higher
- You will be 21 years of age or younger when admitted as a freshman
- Your family’s household income shows significant financial stress/challenges in paying for your college education.
Award amount determined after consideration of all sources of financial aid.