The Golden LEAF Scholarship is a valuable opportunity for high school seniors and community college transfer students residing in qualifying rural, economically distressed North Carolina counties. This scholarship aims to support individuals who are committed to making a positive impact in their communities by providing financial assistance for higher education.
• North Carolina resident for tuition purposes
• Reside in a qualifying rural North Carolina county
• Graduating North Carolina high school senior or currently enrolled North Carolina community college transfer student planning full-time enrollment in the fall
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
• Plan to enroll in a participating North Carolina public or private college/university
• Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Expected Family Contribution (EFC) within the maximum permitted by Golden LEAF
• Demonstrate a commitment to returning to a rural North Carolina county after college graduation
• Complete and submit a full electronic Golden LEAF Colleges and Universities application.
• Submit an electronic copy of your academic transcript with final grades for the most recent Fall semester.
The Golden LEAF Scholarship not only provides financial support but also recognizes the importance of fostering future leaders who will contribute to the development and prosperity of rural North Carolina. We encourage eligible students to take advantage of this opportunity to pursue their higher education goals and make a lasting impact in their communities.