Soroptimist International of Los Angeles provides educational awards to outstanding women, offering financial support for their graduate degree programs. Below are the qualifications, requirements, and timeline for the award:
• Applicants must be enrolled in a graduate degree program at an accredited institution of higher education.
• Applicants must reside in Los Angeles County, California.
• Preference will be given to applicants who have faced obstacles in pursuing their education (e.g., poverty, racism, violence, teen pregnancy, former foster care, single parent, substance abuse disorder).
• Career goals or volunteer experience that align with the betterment of women and girls.
1. Completed Application and Essay.
2. Proof of Enrollment:
• Proof of enrollment in an accredited graduate program.
3. Proof of Residence (if applicable):
If the graduate program is an online program and not in Los Angeles County.
4. Two Letters of Reference:
• Letters must be from professors.
5. Personal Interview:
• A personal interview is required for finalists.
• Application and materials are due by January 19.
• Finalists will be notified by January 29.
• Personal interviews for finalists are scheduled for Friday, February 9.
• The winner will be announced by February 16.
Ensure that all materials are submitted on time and adhere to the application guidelines. If you meet the qualifications, consider applying for this award to support your graduate education.