The Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum (PHAM) Educational Endowment was Established in 2021 to fund PHAM educational efforts and to award scholarships for individuals committed to a career in aviation. The Endowment was funded with $1,000,000 by the Rick & Teresa Price Family as a condition in the sale of a division of their Hawaii based company to Oil Changers, Inc. in January 2020.
- Established in 2021 to fund PHAM educational efforts and award aviation scholarships
- For Love of Country Scholarship provides financial support up to $10,000
- Managed without discrimination based on race, creed, color, age, gender, or national origin
- Non-transferable scholarships; recipients may apply for one subsequent scholarship after completion of the initial course of study
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
- Cannot be related to any current PHAM Officer, Director, or employee
- Commitment to pursuing a career in aviation/aerospace
- Complete the required application form
- Provide three letters of recommendation, ideally from personal, professional, and educational references
- Submit a personal statement of 750 words or less defining the desired aviation career field, outlining work experience or education commitment, and summarizing achievements
- Be available for an in-person or video conference interview if selected
- Upon selection, provide an acceptance letter and course content from the chosen institution
- Funds will be directly sent to the institution
Prior to awarding the scholarship, the applicant must provide an acceptance letter and course content from the selected vocational school, college, or university. Funds will be mailed/wired directly to the institution.