Any Vermonter who plans to attend college full-time, and doesn't already have a bachelor's degree, is eligible to apply for a Vermont Incentive Grant. Vermont residents attending the University of Vermont College of Medicine or enrolled in a program of veterinarian medicine are also eligible to apply. Vermont Incentive Grants, which are based on financial need, range from $500 to $9900. They can be used at schools either within Vermont or out-of-state.
To be eligible to receive a grant from Vermont Student Assistance Corporation, you must:
* Be a Vermont resident.
* Be an undergraduate student enrolled in a program leading to a degree, diploma or certificate.
* Have financial need as determined by the Vermont Student Assistance Corporation Grant Program.
* Be maintaining satisfactory academic progress (as defined by the institution).
* Be attending an eligible institution.
* Not have already received the equivalent of ten semesters of Vermont Grants.
* Not have already received your Bachelor's Degree unless you are enrolled in the University of Vermont College of Medicine or any accredited Doctor of Veterinary Medicine program.
* Not be in default on any federal or state student loan and not owe a refund to any federal or state grant or scholarship program.
* Be a U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen.
To apply, complete a Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) and a Vermont Grant Application. Forms are available from schools or from VSAC. You can also complete financial aid applications online.
Submit a Vermont Grant Application as soon as possible after January 1. Applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis as long as funding is available.