The Western Reserve National Scholarship is offered by the Western Reserve Herb Society. It is open to students who have completed the second/sophomore year of undergraduate study and are pursuing a Bachelor degree in one of any number of fields under the umbrella of Plant Sciences. The applicants for this scholarship must be attending an accredited college or university and have achieved a grade point average of 3.2 or above. Preference is given to applicants who demonstrate exceptional dedication through outside experiences and whose career goals may involve work in areas such as the public or nonprofit sector, education, sustainability, and research.
- Open to students who have completed the second/sophomore year of undergraduate study
- Enrolled in a bachelor's degree program
- Applicants must attend an accredited college or university
- Minimum grade point average of 3.2
- National Scholarship covers all accredited colleges and universities in the United States
- Two (2) awards of $5,500 each
- Ohio Scholarship is for students studying in Ohio, automatically considered for the National Scholarship
- Two (2) awards of $6,500 each for the Ohio Scholarship
- Preference for applicants dedicated to areas like public or nonprofit sector, education, sustainability, and research
- Ohio students automatically considered for both National and Ohio Scholarships
- Submit two (2) separate essays showcasing qualifications for the merit scholarship and efforts towards educational goals.
- Include a second essay detailing career and personal goals post-graduation based on academic major.
- Attach essays using the "Choose File" buttons in the form.
- Forward one (1) letter of recommendation from an instructor; include your name in the subject line.