Warrick Dunn Charities’ Hearts for Community Service scholarships help to offset the financial burden of attending a post-secondary institution and support student’s goals to better themselves academically by creating access to higher paying jobs, economic stability, and a better quality of life for themselves and generations to come.
- Amount: $5,000
- Application Period: Annually from June 15th to July 31st
- Winners Announcement: End of August
- Available to student residents in the following Warrick Dunn Charities, Inc. markets: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Wisconsin
- Applicants must be actively engaged in volunteer work within their communities.
- Eligible students must be enrolled in a post-secondary institution for the upcoming academic year, including high school students dually enrolled in higher education, high school graduates or GED equivalency recipients, students attending trade schools, and those pursuing associate's, bachelor's, or post-graduate degrees.
- Applicants must reside in one of the specified Warrick Dunn Charities, Inc. markets.
- Students must actively participate in community volunteer activities.
- Eligible individuals include high school students concurrently enrolled in a higher education institution, high school graduates or GED recipients, students attending trade schools, and those pursuing associate's, bachelor's, or post-graduate degrees.
- Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria listed above.
- Prepare your application materials, including documentation of your community service and proof of enrollment in a post-secondary institution for the upcoming academic year.
- Submit your scholarship application between June 15th and July 31st.
- Wait for the announcement of scholarship winners at the end of August.
By volunteering in your community and pursuing higher education, you not only invest in your future but also contribute to the betterment of society. This scholarship can be a significant step towards achieving your academic and career goals while reducing the financial burden of education.