The $4,000 Kent and Carolyn Hojem Music Scholarship is awarded to one student from across the state of Washington who demonstrates true dedication to achieving excellence in their chosen career path. The scholarship is designed to aid deserving individuals passionate about a career in the music industry including performance (musicians, vocalists) as well as music education, music history and music therapy.
• Graduating high school senior or adult learner (at least one year out of high school)
• State of Washington resident
• Attending an accredited two- or four-year college, university or trade/technical school
• All applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7
• Currently working, volunteering or involved in a school-sponsored activity at least 8 hours per month, on average (preferred, but not required)
• Prior involvement with the Fair (4H, FFA, etc.) and financial need may be considered, though neither is a requirement
• Most recent copy of transcript (unofficial)
• Two letters of recommendation: one from a scholastic contact and one from an employer, volunteer contact, or advisor of school-sponsored activity. Letters written by relatives of the applicant are not allowed
The $4,000 Kent and Carolyn Hojem Music Scholarship is awarded to one student from across the state of Washington.
The Kent and Carolyn Hojem Music Scholarship application is available online. By completing our online application, we will automatically apply you for all online scholarships that you qualify for.