The Fred & Lena Meijer Scholarship, offered by the Grand Rapids Community Foundation, is designed to assist both full-time and part-time students who are Meijer team members or their children. It focuses on providing financial support for undergraduate degrees. This scholarship emphasizes the foundation's commitment to addressing social, economic, and racial inequities in West Michigan through education.
- Awarded to Meijer team members or their children (natural, legally adopted, or stepchild)
- Available to both full-time and part-time students
- Administered by the Grand Rapids Community Foundation (GRCF)
- Must be a Meijer team member or a child of a Meijer team member
- Meijer team member must have at least one year of employment by the application deadline
- Children of team members must be full-time students
- Applicable for undergraduate degree programs
- Meijer team members can be part-time students
- Verify eligibility as a Meijer team member or as a child of a team member
- Ensure the Meijer team member has been employed for a minimum of one year by the application deadline
- Complete the application form following the GRCF process
- Submit the application before the specified deadline
By connecting people, their passions and our region’s resources, Grand Rapids Community Foundation and our partners work toward an inclusive and equitable West Michigan. Over the last century, the Community Foundation has used the tools of philanthropy to respond to community needs. Today, to carry out our North Star and overcome racial, social and economic inequities, we must respond with intention and care.