The Philip A. Hart Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to up to three Michigan students whose ideals and goals reflect those of Senator Philip A. Hart. The scholarship is a full-time tuition award and is renewable based on meeting the distinguished scholarship renewal criteria.
- Available to up to three Michigan students
- Full-time tuition award
- Renewable scholarship based on meeting renewal criteria
- Application deadline: March 1st
- Applicants must be graduates of Michigan high schools or students transferring from another Michigan college or university with plans to attend Lake Superior State University.
- Eligible students must be accepted for LSSU Fall Semester Admission.
- Applicants are required to have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 as of their current year of study.
- Interested candidates should demonstrate a commitment to public service through leadership roles and public service activities in their school, church, and/or community.
- Application: Complete the online application, which includes listing up to three (3) leadership roles and up to three (3) church, school, or community projects in which you have participated.
- Essay Question: Craft a formal essay of no more than 500 words that showcases how your leadership and community involvement align with the goals and ideals of Senator Hart.
- References: Provide three (3) references from church, school, or community leaders who can vouch for your leadership and/or public service activities.
- Transcript: Include a copy of your most current school transcript with your application.
The Philip A. Hart Memorial Scholarship Endowment provides scholarship awards to LSSU students whose ideals and goals reflect those of the senator with selection based on academic achievement and demonstrated interest in public service, as reflected through leadership roles and volunteer activities in their school and community. The scholarship is a full-time tuition award and is renewable based on meeting the distinguished scholarship renewal criteria.