The Women's Transportation Seminar (WTS) Indianapolis Chapter is dedicated to advancing women in the transportation industry. One of the ways they support this mission is through the WTS Sharon D. Banks Memorial Undergraduate Scholarship, aimed at encouraging women pursuing undergraduate studies in transportation or related fields.
• Scholarship Amount: $2,500
• Minimum GPA Requirement: 3.0 or higher
• Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program in a transportation-related field (e.g., transportation engineering, planning, finance, or logistics).
• Plans to pursue a career in a transportation-related field.
• Ensure you meet the minimum criteria for selection.
• Prepare required documentation, including academic records, transportation-related activities or job skills, and a statement of your transportation goals.
• Submit your application by the specified deadline.
About Sharon D. Banks:
The scholarship honors Sharon D. Banks, the former chief executive officer of AC Transit in Alameda-Contra Costa County, California. As a leader in the transportation industry, Banks played a significant role in motivating the public transit workforce and bringing about cultural and organizational changes. She was recognized for her contributions with the WTS San Francisco Chapter Woman of the Year and Employer of the Year awards.
For further details and to submit your application, visit the official WTS Indianapolis Chapter website or contact them directly for any inquiries.
WTS Indianapolis Chapter Website: WTS Sharon D. Banks Memorial Undergraduate Scholarship
Don't miss this opportunity to advance your career in the transportation field and contribute to the ongoing mission of supporting women in transportation. Apply now and make a positive impact on your future in the transportation industry.