The Catholic Community Foundation of Southwest Florida is proudly offering the Mary Fran Carroll Scholarship, an academic scholarship made possible through the Catholic Legacy of Mary Fran Carroll. Through Ms. Carroll’s generous gift to the Foundation, academic scholarships of $3,500 each will be available to residents of Sarasota County, Florida. This scholarship is for those returning for an undergraduate degree. Does not apply to Masters programs.
- $3,500 annual scholarship for tuition, books, and fees
- Renewable annually, totaling $17,500 over five years for undergraduate studies
- Intended for non-traditional students pursuing an undergraduate degree
- Residents of Sarasota County, Florida, out of high school for three or more years
- Must demonstrate serious financial circumstances hindering educational pursuits
- Non-traditional student characteristics include delayed enrollment, independent financial status, dependents other than a spouse, single parenthood, part-time attendance, or full-time work
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program for the semester following application
- Master's degree students are not eligible
- Acceptance into an accredited college, university, or vocational program
- Access the Mary Fran Carroll Non-traditional Scholarship Application link
- Complete the Application and Financial Needs Assessment, including the SAI score from your FAFSA
- Upload required documents, including high school transcripts, college transcripts (if applicable), FAFSA form, and proof of acceptance into an accredited program
- Submit and certify the application when fully completed; no changes can be made once submitted
Mary Fran Carroll was a woman of deep Catholic faith, who wanted those receiving her scholarship to benefit from her legacy by being better prepared to face the challenges of the world today and the ages to come, in addition to using their education for the betterment of the entire community.